Anyone still out fishing?

With the extended warm temps, is anyone still on the water? If so, what are the rest of us with boats in storage missing?

2. Member
    Not me! But, it's been better fishing weather than duck hunting weather the last couple weeks. Definitely winterized the boat too early.

3. Member
    I went out on Waconia Sunday…you didn’t miss anything lol

Almost every day I can I have been out prop testing. Fingers crossed for December. We have a big gathering going on a river run this Saturday in Hudson.
    Allison XB21 2+2
    Mercury 300R

5. Member
    Out yesterday, still a good bite going. Water temp was 40. Deep weed line still has some green weeds( deep weed line on this lake is 8 to 9 feet) Boated 11 good bass Pulled off after 4-hours when the the temp started to drop and the wind got to be a problem. Looking at the upcoming weather that may have been the last outing on soft water.

6. Member
    Admittedly, I'm a muskie guy, and I try to fish until the lures bounce. On Sunday, I lost a monster muskie at the side of the boat before I could net it (solo!). So I feel like I have one more fish to catch before I prep the boat for its long winter's nap. This long weekend could be the end. Good luck to all you other folks still on the water!

7. Member
    My last day out was 11/11 and I caught a couple on a drop shot. Caught two bass, about 1.5lbs and maybe a touch over 2 lbs. Would have went the next weekend but was putting up Christmas lights on the house. Unless we get a weird warm up here in early December, I am likely done for the year.
    2019 Nitro Z19 Sport with 150 Four stroke
    Swinging bass in the front
    and wake boards and tubes off the back

Quote Originally Posted by bassmastermatt View Post
    My last day out was 11/11 and I caught a couple on a drop shot. Caught two bass, about 1.5lbs and maybe a touch over 2 lbs. Would have went the next weekend but was putting up Christmas lights on the house. Unless we get a weird warm up here in early December, I am likely done for the year.
    I can barely bring myself to trust the weather guessers for the next 24 hours let alone a 10 day forecast but I'll be watching to see if this one holds.

There was a time that I didn't fish but I cannot remember it.

I’m fishing tomorrow December 2. Haven’t caught an open water December bass in a lake since 2016. Can’t miss out on another opportunity!

Any luck, Brian?

11. Member
    My last outing on the water was mid-November, then winterized/put the boat away, probably could have gotten another week or two with the milder weather we had thru Thanksgiving.

Lake Reno (Alexandria/Glenwood area) had quite a few people out of the hard water this weekend. A few people were out on the ice at Lake Minnewaska, yet I think that was a bit risky as the ice didn't seem very stable.

Quote Originally Posted by Minnecoldah1 View Post
    My last outing on the water was mid-November, then winterized/put the boat away, probably could have gotten another week or two with the milder weather we had thru Thanksgiving.

Lake Reno (Alexandria/Glenwood area) had quite a few people out of the hard water this weekend. A few people were out on the ice at Lake Minnewaska, yet I think that was a bit risky as the ice didn't seem very stable.
    You live in a very nice part of the state. I know the first ice bite can be good but I'm not an ice fisherman and could never quite understand the risk. But that's just me.
    Welcome to BBC.

Quote Originally Posted by Macsimus View Post
    Any luck, Brian?
    Too much ice to launch the boat. Missed it by a day unfortunately.

14. Member
    dec 26th was last day out in the boat, local lake in cambridge. crazy, 2 local lakes still open in the middle.
    2003 TR21
    2018 G2 250ho
    2017 6.7l F350
    Sleep is for the weak, Fish all you can