Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I pull the handle instead of using the button on slot machines, my right arm is stronger than the left.

I hung up the skates around 42, as a goalie just couldn't hang with the 20-year olds anymore. And the hangovers in the morning were starting to get worse with all the crap beer people were bringing!

Have contemplated pickleball but I figure that would be the death knell to my athletic career so holding off as long as possible. Maybe I'll just get a wood stove and split logs all day, worked for Dad.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flippin 416 View Post
    That is great!!
    If I hadn't destroyed my left ankle several years ago, I'd still be riding motocross. Next year I would have been eligible for the +50 classes.
    Similar, i tore up a knee and have a trashed back or i would still be riding enduro's and hare scrambles. Probably still be coming in mid pack or lower too.....

I still ride off road but at a much more relaxed pace now.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 188Musky View Post
    I’m really into broad jumping.
    I see what you did there!

5. Member
    Started playing softball again at 49 after a 13 year lay off. Had an absolute blast for 13 years playing twice a week and thanks to some friends who coached me got where I could get it over the fence on a regular basis as well as stretch singles into triples as I could still motor pretty good.
    My twin brother once said-u wanna b in a wheel chair or play softball after I commented that I had progressed to seeing a chiropractor 3-4 times a month.
    With a right leg shorter then the left my hip would go out trying to compensate when running bases and I’d be miserable for days but the trade off was it did stroke my ego a bit.
    Got to be the trade off was not worth it and for 3 years now since no longer playing I typically see a chiropractor maybe twice a year and a lot less pain. Sucks to be old!

Quote Originally Posted by jiggerjake View Post
    Ok I'll say it........ Pickleball

Been playing a couple of years now and it's actually a pretty good/fun workout when playing with people of an equal skill level.Also plan to start playing softball this winter. Played ice, street and roller hockey into my 40's. It was taking too long to recover after every game
    I'm looking into pickleball myself. Still play some golf.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jb882 View Post
    Similar, i tore up a knee and have a trashed back or i would still be riding enduro's and hare scrambles. Probably still be coming in mid pack or lower too.....

I still ride off road but at a much more relaxed pace now.
    Doesn't matter how you finish as long as you're having fun and staying safe. I was told when I had my ankle replaced that I should stay off the bike. If I break this replacement joint because of how it is implanted, they would probably have to cut me off at the knee......sooo golf, hunting and fishing are good with me!!!

Peeping Tom is about the only exercise I get......
    Dallas Cowboys…..Eventual Super Bowl Champions

9. Member
    Hockey Twice a week all year, pickle ball in the summer. Golf a few times a year, E-bike on Full throttle control only for ice fishing in the winter.

10. Member
    Hey breves,
    sent you a pm

11. Member
    I still play 5 card pinochle and Scat.

12. Member
    I wasted a lot of good fishing time playing slow pitch softball for my church back about 20-30 years ago. Did it for the fellowship but hated it.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flippin 416 View Post
    Doesn't matter how you finish as long as you're having fun and staying safe. I was told when I had my ankle replaced that I should stay off the bike. If I break this replacement joint because of how it is implanted, they would probably have to cut me off at the knee......sooo golf, hunting and fishing are good with me!!!
    100%. Smiles are more important to me than anything.

Funny thing is both my knee and back had nothing to do with the bike. I ripped up my knee playing baseball and my back, i first started getting the tingles in my foot from a herniated disc after a really rough day on the water so i blame fishing for surgery #1, the second time it popped on a smooth stretch of freeway just driving my truck. .

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 188Musky View Post
    I’m really into broad jumping.
    Just make sure you jump off before their husbands get home!

15. Member
    Im 64. Through April of this year raced atv cross country. In April race on the start was part of a big pileup and got knocked out and compression fraction in my neck. Since then only thing I've been able to do is fish. I hope next year I can get back into some type of relational sports in addition to fishing.

16. Member
    I am 59 and still ride dirt bikes..Planned on doing a couple sprint Enduros this year but work and a lack of training made that more risky than it was worth..I think I've pretty well come to the realization that my racing days are over and will continue to trail ride and maybe hit a few open track practices until my body says stop..
    "Historically the most terrible things-war, genocide and slavery-have resulted not from disobedience but from obedience"
    Zinn

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigal74848 View Post
    Im 64. Through April of this year raced atv cross country. In April race on the start was part of a big pileup and got knocked out and compression fraction in my neck. Since then only thing I've been able to do is fish. I hope next year I can get back into some type of relational sports in addition to fishing.
    Starts are always super risky...Hope you heal well and can maybe continue to trail ride..
    "Historically the most terrible things-war, genocide and slavery-have resulted not from disobedience but from obedience"
    Zinn

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12