Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Triton must haves

For everyone with older Tritons and even the newer ones, what are some must have upgrades/restoration/replacements that you think everyone should get? I’m slowly working on mine and looking for new ideas.
    2009 Triton 18x3 Pro

If you still have the old woodgrain looking dash panels you could pull them off and have them hydro dipped. It really brings it up to date.
    22 Triton TRX20 22 Pro XS 250
    16 Triton 1760sc 16 Merc 75hp

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 96MrBass View Post
    If you still have the old woodgrain looking dash panels you could pull them off and have them hydro dipped. It really brings it up to date.
    I just replaced the console and bow pieces with the ones the AMP makes. Let me tell you that is some damn thick plastic they use.
    2009 Triton 18x3 Pro

Lol yes nice quality for sure I've purchased a few myself. The drop in storage trays are pretty convenient.

5. Member
    What does it cost to have something like that hydro dipped? Are we taking a couple hundred bucks or four or five hundred? Just curious because I need to do something to mine to get rid of the awful woodgrain.
    2005 Triton TR-186
    2024 Mercury Pro XS 150

I had around 10 things done on my 05 a few year's ago. I believe it was around $500.
    KIMG0100.JPG

7. Member
    Remote live well drains

8. Member
    New Mercury Smart Craft gauges

9. Member
    Any body install any deck lights?

10. Member
    Gatorbak bunk covers, remote drain plug, smartcraft gauge, hotfoot. Rebuild dash to hold larger or multiple screens, led compartment lights.

11. Member
    Not a must but I added a mirror to my new bass boat and river boat as well.

1. Updated wiring harnesses for modern electronics. The OEM wiring harnesses from Triton aren't really meant for the high performance fish finders these days.
    2. I wish I had those bilge storage totes. I am not going to pay $80+ dollars for them though.
    3. A rebuilt dash for use to mount newer electronics mounts. No one seems to make them from what I have found for the 2003 year TR-165/186 boats.
    4. Recessed trolling motor trays. They did start incorporating these in the late 2000s I believe.
    5. I wish my boat had the emergency boarding ladder they started putting on the late 2000s era tritons.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dwtaylor View Post
    1. Updated wiring harnesses for modern electronics. The OEM wiring harnesses from Triton aren't really meant for the high performance fish finders these days.
    2. I wish I had those bilge storage totes. I am not going to pay $80+ dollars for them though.
    3. A rebuilt dash for use to mount newer electronics mounts. No one seems to make them from what I have found for the 2003 year TR-165/186 boats.
    4. Recessed trolling motor trays. They did start incorporating these in the late 2000s I believe.
    5. I wish my boat had the emergency boarding ladder they started putting on the late 2000s era tritons.
    Have you checked with AMP and seen if they have one for that model? They have a bunch if triton console refurb stuff and it’s some seriously thick stuff with good mounting hardware.
    2009 Triton 18x3 Pro

14. Member

Deck Lights

Hey Poeman,

I installed some RGB deck lights along with some LED nav lights installed inside the boat's rub rail. I absolutely love 'em and they work very well. Uploaded a few picture of my '08 Triton 21X2 from the dock about two weeks ago and the nav lights in the bow. Several videos on U-Tube of folks installing these which I found helpful. Got everything from Amazon.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Wyldbill; 01-03-2024 at 01:21 AM. Reason: add picture

15. Member
    remote drain plug....one my best mods...

16. Member
    Trick Step, 2 speed F2 Winch, ppoles, BMS hydraulic jackplate, LED compartment lights, jackplate mounted side/ downscan transducer bracket, reinforced helm dashboard, dual blinker trim, ratchet bow safety strap, retractable rod straps, spare prop storage in bilge, holeshot plate, chris bailey foil, linexed trailer fenders & frame, gatorbak xp bunk covers, boarding ladder, vessel view mobile.
    Lightning 6
    2007 TR-196DC

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning 6 View Post
    Trick Step, 2 speed F2 Winch, ppoles, BMS hydraulic jackplate, LED compartment lights, jackplate mounted side/ downscan transducer bracket, reinforced helm dashboard, dual blinker trim, ratchet bow safety strap, retractable rod straps, spare prop storage in bilge, holeshot plate, chris bailey foil, linexed trailer fenders & frame, gatorbak xp bunk covers, boarding ladder, vessel view mobile.
    Do you have any pics you can share of that spare prop storage in bilge idea? Thanks :-)
    Triton TR196DC / 200 Mercury Optimax- serial# 0T995641
    Dual HB 12" SI Helix Units
    HB Mega 360
    Garmin 1222 / LVS34 LiveScope
    Dual 12' Minn Kota Talons
    MotorGuide Tour TM
    Bob's Hydraulic Jackplate

Toyota Tundra SR5

18. Member
    Will snap some when I get back home in a couple days.

There are some pricey prop storage products but I kept it simple:
    -I drilled a hole in the aluminum step in the bilge, ran a large 12” long bolt up through it (large washer underneath & washer & nylock nut on top). I put some padding down (tool box shelf liner), placed the prop (with hub) over the bolt, place some padding on top of the hub, then secure it with a large flat washer, lick washer and a large wing nut.
    Lightning 6
    2007 TR-196DC

19. Member
    Thanks that's what I'm thinking about installing on my boat also

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightning 6 View Post
    Will snap some when I get back home in a couple days.

There are some pricey prop storage products but I kept it simple:
    -I drilled a hole in the aluminum step in the bilge, ran a large 12” long bolt up through it (large washer underneath & washer & nylock nut on top). I put some padding down (tool box shelf liner), placed the prop (with hub) over the bolt, place some padding on top of the hub, then secure it with a large flat washer, lick washer and a large wing nut.
    Saw on Kyle Welchers video where he has a prop stop with a hole drilled in it as the top cap on his spare prop
    Fish have fins, they swim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast