Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    It's been a darned tough week last week. I traveled Tues thru yesterday on business. Wining and dining has caught up with me. If I plan to show positive results this month, I need to kick it into gear and fast......not feeling good at all about end of April results. Oh, well....keep going little choo choo train.
    Dallas Cowboys…..Eventual Super Bowl Champions

2. Member
    Okie, congrats on keeping on with your efforts. If I can offer one bit of advice it would be to move your desire to drop the weight way up on your priority list. It's much harder to lose when the attitude is not sharply focused. It's great that you have a definitive goal and not just "I've got to drop a few pounds". It is a life choice, not an easy one to make but sharpening that focus will help in your efforts.
    And as we age, it gets much harder to lose weight than when we were in our 30's and 40's.
    My story is I'm 62 and wanting to drop 18 pounds myself and get back to 210 as my low weight. In 2003, at 42, I got serious about losing my paunch and went from 270 to 200 in 6 months on the low carb diet idea. Only exercise I added to my everyday routine was walking, averaging about 15-18 miles per week. My walks became a priority. I reached my goal weight on Thanksgiving that year. We've followed the low carb routine ever since and I probably will the rest of my life. It just works for us. I found that trying to stay at 200 was a constant struggle but 210-212 was pretty easy. That's my body telling me that's where it wants to be, in my opinion. The fight wasn't worth the extra 10 pounds to me.
    I've kept the weight off pretty well but over the last year and a half, I've sneaked up to 228 as of Saturday morning. I know that for me, 210-215 is quite sustainable, even with some sneaks here and there. I've upped my activity level lately and hope that within 4-5 months I'll be be back down where I want to be.
    I'd be happy to discuss the low carb stuff with you via PM if you're really leaning in that direction.
    Stay with it, you can do this.

3. Member
    my original motivation was when I took a selfie for work and noticed the 2nd chin :( After I dropped only 25# and reverted to basically my HS weight of ~40 years ago did I realize that my energy levels increased. Nearing the end of a round of golf, where I was walking, a playing mate said man it looks like you have spring in your step after 4 hours of walking. I do.

I've had several periods over the last few years where my weight crept up 5 or so #. the reason is I allowed chips, breads, pastas, pizza to become too frequent in my diet.

I notice when I vacation, most of the time I loose weight and did so on last fishing trip. I'm not bored so I eat less and only eat full meals twice daily. This I see working as well.
    2024 Phoenix 818
    2024 merc 175 pro xs 3B411947

4. Member
    Saturday morning, 1 week check in for me and I'm down 4 lbs. to 224. I know from past experience that probably half of that is water weight from getting back in to ketosis from vastly reduced carbs but I'm pleased with that start. My mindset is pretty good, turned down a number of goodies that normally would have been consumed.
    Every journey starts with a first step so off we go. I only weigh myself once a week, at the same time for consistency.
    Hope you all are continuing in a positive direction with your efforts. Don't let a plateau or small setback get you down. It happens. Just grit your teeth and get back going in the right direction with your efforts.

5. Member
    I like your statement on water weight. Yes, that is likely TRUE but it also indicates your body is seeing a change. I never say I do a no carb diet but at times my body is on the border of of ketosis. What I have found is that after years of eating well, my body is able to take some bad carbs better (less water gain).

Yesterday was a good example of how I ate well but still am certain I did not gain. Homemaid bacon/egg/cheese sandwhich, then walked 18 holes of golf, then had dinner at about 6:30pm. Dinner was chicken strips with black beans and brocilli. so no one will claim that fried nashville hot chicken strips are healthy but they are far better then eating a pizza or french fries on my eating plan.
    2024 Phoenix 818
    2024 merc 175 pro xs 3B411947

6. Member
    Saturday check in, week 2, shows me at 221 and feeling pretty good about that. It took some will power but the sweets and munchies remain off limits as I try to stay on track to keep losing. Posture is already improving and I feel my muscle tone is as well. I expect the rate of loss to slow from here on out but will take whatever small steps it takes to get to the finish line. I hope you all are still on track and experiencing satisfactory results.

7. Member
    how much more do want to lose?
    2021/ 200 hp 4 stroke pro xs
    2021 Triton TRX 18
    #3B051045

8. Member
    Down another pound to 220 here at week 3 weigh-in. Pants are fitting better. Attitude is still focused and ready to stay on track through the coming week. Small steps of loss are OK; it took a while to put on-its going to take a while to take off.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12