Thread: Painting lure's

Painting lure's

Who paint there lure's . Just brought a batch of spinner bait's from the board .
    They are new, with cracks and some paint flaking .
    What is a good paint and sealer .I can buy to seal them and some red eye's to repair them .

I have all way's wanted to try painting baits , some baits,
    THX

If your talking about the lead heads I would use a powder paint then bake in the oven

Since the lures are already built I'd probably buy a couple of colors of brush on model car paint or even nail polish. Buy a bottle of clear coat to finish with. Wal Mart has all you need.

4. Member
    My most favorite spinnerbaits my whole life were unpainted… I wish that man was still alive… I know the guy that got the molds but he changed them…. Them heads don’t need paint… I have a couple that I throw regularly that redfish have chewed or scraped the paint off… bass still eat them!!

I’d disassemble them and prep. I like the vinyl paint for lead. If you have a good set up for powder and able to cure correctly then that’s the way to go. I’ve done powder. I’ve even used blade dip on the lead and that does very well, especially not long after the pour when the lead is still shiny. As far as hard baits, airbrush.
    Last edited by WVBullet; 01-12-2024 at 01:42 AM.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

6. Member
    I agree with Mark. It’s the simplest way, and if careful, you will get a good finish.

7. Member
    Paint pencils from the parts store with the ball bearing inside would work, genuine pure paint. I use those for many different applications.