Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    In the event you are using TMobile as your home internet, be aware that Hulu Live does not recognize your location so getting local channels is problematic. That is why we switched to Youtube.

2. Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mrlawler1 View Post
    Anyone go thru DirecTV streaming? YouTube TV? Who do you use? Like? Pros and cons?
    YouTubeTV works well for me. I like it has unlimited storage for games and stuff so I can watch them anytime

3. Member
    YouTube tv here. It’s not super cheap, but a major saving from cable AND better features once you get used to the interface. I’m fairly tech-savvy myself, so I learned the navigation in less than a week. My 12-year-old grandson learned it in an hour. It would take too long to explain all the features that make it head and shoulders better than conventional cable, but I like it enough that I won’t consider any alternative at this point. My 40-year-old daughter doesn’t watch much t.v. but recently got Apple t.v. and likes it. In the winter, I watch television quite a bit. YouTube tv has all the channels I want, and a few dozen beyond that, including my local stations.

Anyone tried DirecTV streaming thru at&t?
    Bump

I'm thinking about switching from U-Verse to Direct TV so I'm interested as well.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

5. Member
    Anything that’s Free.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryno 615 View Post
    I’ve tried them all. YouTube Tv seemed to always buffer, screen so grainy that you can’t even decipher what you’re watching. Eventually went to Hulu Live and have no issues. Nothing is on the level PlayStation Vue was… still pissed they done away with it.
    Had that issue, initially, also. No other service did that, but YT would also lock up on live events. I was using a Firestick with wifi. Ran some ethernet cable off my router and made a hard connection to the TV, and all of that went away. It's a known problem with YT, but not sure why.

8. Member
    Used Sling TV for several years and loved it until they raised their rates. Now use Philo and over air antenna.

Youtube TV for me. We travel a lot and no matter where I am, I can access my account and watch US TV.
    What we cannot obtain from intelligence, we can learn from experience.

10. Member
    Anyone go thru DirecTV streaming? YouTube TV? Who do you use? Like? Pros and cons?
    We have DirecTV Stream for live TV, no issues with picture quality and plenty of channels in HD or better resolution, looks great on our 4K TV.

11. Member
    Seems i'm one of the only ones still using DirectTV. When streaming first came out there was a big cost savings, but as it grew the price differences don't really warrant the headache of internet and which services are better. I can watch and stream from anywhere on phone or firestick. Seems every year service prices go up and they find more ways to lock you to a certain IP address.

12. Member
    We use Hulu live via a Google Chromecast on one tv, and a firestick on the others. It has been awesome. The UI isn't the best, but its functional. We went Hulu Live over YoutubeTV for History channel and A&E mostly. Hulu also had all the sports channels that we watch UK basketball games on. Going full streaming was the best thing weve done related to TV, but we have great internet. I suppose if you didn't have adequate internet it could be a different story.
    1994 Stratos 201 Pro XL
    225 Optimax

13. Member
    I pay for FuboTV for all 6 TVs that gets us all the local channels too... I also get Paramount+ free with Walmart+ and get Hulu, Netflix, & AppleTV free with T-Mobile..
    2021 Vexus AVX2080
    Sapphire Blue
    Mercury 200 Pro XS
    Garmin Force
    Garmin ECHOMAP Ultra 126sv (2)
    Garmin LV34
    Ionic 125/100 lithium batteries

14. Member
    We have Fubo but will probably not reup this month due to them increasing rates and started charging tax. Have been paying for 3 months at a time to get the discount. We are looking for other options as we speak. On a another note we have been looking at switching from Verizon to another carrier but just can't get comfortable with other carriers coverage.

15. Member
    Youtube TV..
    2005 Triton TR-186
    2024 Mercury Pro XS 150

16. Member
    Only have streamed providers that have local channels too. I have tried 3 of them.
    Spectrum-cheapest, by far worst picture, terrible user interface (cannot even pause or rewind unless it is a recording). Cancelled within 48 hours at no charge.
    Youtube TV-mid price, picture is good, not great, user interface is great, DVR is unlimited - Can have separate accounts within household---wifes DVR and mine are separate
    Directv stream, most expensive for me (had to get a higher tier package to watch local Bally sports), picture by far the best, user interface great, just behind youtube tv, unlimited DVR

Once hockey season is over I will probably go back to YTTV as it is cheaper and I do not watch a lot of tv to justify. Wanted to watch the hockey season and this was cheaper than purchasing an additional sports package.

17. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jcruse64 View Post
    Had that issue, initially, also. No other service did that, but YT would also lock up on live events. I was using a Firestick with wifi. Ran some ethernet cable off my router and made a hard connection to the TV, and all of that went away. It's a known problem with YT, but not sure why.
    most everyone i know has gone YTTV and nobody i know of has those issues.. maybe it's your router..

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

18. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 200xp View Post
    Youtube TV for me. We travel a lot and no matter where I am, I can access my account and watch US TV.
    this,, I love it.. plus i can watch games and stuff on my phone or tablet wherever i am..

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

19. Member
    YouTube TV for us about 8 months ago and it's been great.

Only real negatives are it's sometimes a little slow to load when you first turn on and the remote functions SUCK! No channel numbers and you can't just click form one station to the next.

There are some shortcuts to go to last channel. I do like that you can put channels in the order you want but overall the features to change channels just plain suck. Still a great service for us.

SuperBox S5 Max! Best money I've ever spent. Buy the box and connect to wifi. I think you get 1600 channels, all the local channels around the US, HBO, Showtime, Cinimax, all the NFL Games, NBA games, NHL games, MLB games, all PPV is free, UFC free. They also have a movies channel, has all the new releases that sometimes aren't out yet.

Superboxtv.shop

You're welcome!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast