Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Member
    Had YouTube TV but my vpn kept making it hard to get my local channels. Went to Hulu live with locals and like it, They are all over priced. Seems like the more people cut the cord the higher the price's go up. Also have Netflix, Apple TV, Prime, Freevee, Tubi. Just canceled Peacock. The thing I like about streaming is the ability to cancel at anytime. All said I'm still cheaper than what I was paying for Dish.

2. Member
    I use YoutubeTV. Their geofencing to ensure "same household" streaming is based on zip code and not IP, so my parents in the same city as me piggyback off my account (added them as family), something that I couldn't do with Hulu Live without upgrading their internet router to VPN back to my house's router.
    1985 Skeeter SF-175 & 1985 Evinrude 150 XP (with VRO removed)

3. Member
    I have DIRECTV Stream, love it.. Should've done it sooner than I did...

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by phlipnstik View Post
    SuperBox S5 Max! Best money I've ever spent. Buy the box and connect to wifi. I think you get 1600 channels, all the local channels around the US, HBO, Showtime, Cinimax, all the NFL Games, NBA games, NHL games, MLB games, all PPV is free, UFC free. They also have a movies channel, has all the new releases that sometimes aren't out yet.

Superboxtv.shop

You're welcome!
    Those have popped up everywhere.

5. Member
    I have Sling TV, Blue ($40); and couple USB-powered antenna(s). Had Peacock for one week (Chiefs game). Use two Roku(s), and PC for Sling TV.
    Last edited by tj; 01-19-2024 at 02:14 PM.
    Champion 184
    Mercury 175 EFI

6. Member
    I cut the cable and I've been with Direct TV streaming for about 1 1/2 years. Started at $89.00 per month, quickly went to $99 and now at $109. Cost is almost same now as it was with cable TV. I went with them at the time because I wanted Bally Sports, not available through YouTube TV. Service is fine. Not as fast between changing channels as cable as it occasionally it buffers but not a big deal. Considering making a change to FUBO TV as it is a bit cheaper and I can still have Bally Sports. Haven't made the move yet.

7. Member
    SuperBox S5 Max! Best money I've ever spent. Buy the box and connect to wifi. I think you get 1600 channels, all the local channels around the US, HBO, Showtime, Cinimax, all the NFL Games, NBA games, NHL games, MLB games, all PPV is free, UFC free. They also have a movies channel, has all the new releases that sometimes aren't out yet.

Superboxtv.shop

You're welcome!
    Again how is this not stealing?

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffro855 View Post
    I have DIRECTV Stream, love it.. Should've done it sooner than I did...
    Might have to check it out. Does anyone know how it compares to YouTube TV? Local Channels, costs and changing channels?

9. Member
    I have Sling, Hulu, and Youtube TV. My Sling is the best bang for the buck in terms of getting fishing and hunting channels. I DVR most of the fishing shows that I want on Sling. The package that I have is about $60 a month. I got an $8 a month subscription to Hulu so the girlfriend can watch reality shows (This pays itself back many time over in terms of what she does for me ). Youtube TV is good for sports and local channels that Sling doesn't have, but I don't watch it but maybe once a month because I don't watch football or basketball. My brother gave me his code so that I don't have to pay for it. I would use a digital antenna and Sling if you want to go for the cheapest route to get get local channels and outdoors content. I use a Roku box/remote to simplify and speed up streaming. Amazon Firesticks are garbage. The remotes last less than a year for me.

YouTube and Amazon

They’ve been selling them for several years. I had the original and just upgraded to the S5 max. You pay a one time price for the box and that’s it. It will do update periodically. It’s an android product. I’m sure they are legal or they wouldn’t be selling them everywhere. I’ve never had an issue. No more streaming bills for me. Just WiFi and I get every channel imaginable.

12. Member
    Hulu Live with ESPN and Disney+.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

13. Member
    They’ve been selling them for several years. I had the original and just upgraded to the S5 max. You pay a one time price for the box and that’s it. It will do update periodically. It’s an android product. I’m sure they are legal or they wouldn’t be selling them everywhere. I’ve never had an issue. No more streaming bills for me. Just WiFi and I get every channel imaginable.
    So, is it legal? Is the box itself legal? Yes, it’s legal to own an Android streaming box. However, that doesn’t mean its legal to show programming you don’t pay for. Even the company’s own site says, “SuperBox is a legal android device. We provide hardware. It is up to customers’ choices to install Apps.”

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    Those have popped up everywhere.
    So let me get this right, I purchase the box and will receive all of the channels listed and there is no recurring monthly charges.?

That is 100% correct!

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryno 615 View Post
    I’ve tried them all. YouTube Tv seemed to always buffer, screen so grainy that you can’t even decipher what you’re watching. Eventually went to Hulu Live and have no issues. Nothing is on the level PlayStation Vue was… still pissed they done away with it.
    Yep ---playstation vue was best streaming by far ----I also am still pissed they did away with it !!
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

17. Member
    Youtubetv is fine except they dont have Ballysports
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

Quote Originally Posted by LateralLine View Post
    So, is it legal? Is the box itself legal? Yes, it’s legal to own an Android streaming box. However, that doesn’t mean its legal to show programming you don’t pay for. Even the company’s own site says, “SuperBox is a legal android device. We provide hardware. It is up to customers’ choices to install Apps.”
    you only download three apps. Android TV, Android Movie, and playback (playback shows from the past week)

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    Xfinity with a Roku stick. More content than I can ever watch.

20. Member
    Youtube TV was the closest cable replacement for us.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast