Gun safe question...

I am in the market for a safe. Somewhat limited to size, but definitely limited to wheeling a safe to its final spot. I am looking at a Stealth EGS14. Electronic lock, 3 1" sliding dead bolts, 3 1" hard bolts on interior frame of door. Has an electrical plug, 3 interior outlets and 2 USB ports. (unsure if they would be used, but they are there) 30 minute fire rating. Plenty of room for the equipment I have.

Any of the BBC shooters have this brand? Thoughts/opinions appreciated, Good bad or ugly......
    Thanks in advance

And go....

2. Member
    Never heard of the brand to be honest. Only thing ill say is if you can fit everything in it today you might not be able to later. Go larger if you can.

3. Member
    Dealer rep said it was a newer brand that they just got in. As stated, I am limited on moving to its final destination. Thanks for the input

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OdingyNBugs View Post
    Dealer rep said it was a newer brand that they just got in. As stated, I am limited on moving to its final destination. Thanks for the input
    Is the moving issue weight ? I only say this as I moved my safe myself which is listed as a 36 gun safe. I was able to because I removed the door prior to moving which lessened the weight by a good 75 lbs.

Just bringing that up in case you havent thought about that. I didnt until I got it to the house and was like how the hell am I moving this thing and well figured it out. Might help you get a larger model if needed or possible.

5. Member
    Removed door on another safe, heck of alot easier to move that one. But with my current living situation, the turns would likely damage walls. Turns are really tight. Im only looking at this particular safe because the dimensions are perfect for the manueverabilty. Its only 230 lbs, but the dimensions are 'right'. 55x20x17.... Have measured everything multiple times.

6. Member
    Two people and use appliance moving straps that go over your shoulders and under the safe, no better way to get it around tight corners. As someone else said, remove the door if it is possible.

Used PVC Sch40 2" pipe to move mine into my first house. Just rolled it around.
    When I bought my house I have now and moved the safe again we used old scrap carpet to slide it across the floor.
    Mine is a 48 gun Cannon safe. Think it weighs somewhere around 800 empty and moving it really isnt that bad at all.

I personally dont want a electronic lock on mine. Brother has one and the keypoad failed now its pretty much junk.
    Stick with a good name. Cannon, Liberty etc.
    And for sure buy bigger than you think you will need because you will find other stuff to put in it other than Firearms.
    Ours has titles passports wifes Jewelry etc.
    I wish I had another seperate safe for all of the stuff in mine that isnt firearms.

8. Member
    I do have a small Sentry safe for smaller items...

How thick is the sheet metal on the top and sides? the best door in the world doesn't do any good if it is glorified sheet metal.
    21 Lund 1775 Impact XS 21 Merc 115 Pro XS

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    Used PVC Sch40 2" pipe to move mine into my first house. Just rolled it around.
    When I bought my house I have now and moved the safe again we used old scrap carpet to slide it across the floor.
    Mine is a 48 gun Cannon safe. Think it weighs somewhere around 800 empty and moving it really isnt that bad at all.

I personally dont want a electronic lock on mine. Brother has one and the keypoad failed now its pretty much junk.
    Stick with a good name. Cannon, Liberty etc.
    And for sure buy bigger than you think you will need because you will find other stuff to put in it other than Firearms.
    Ours has titles passports wifes Jewelry etc.
    I wish I had another seperate safe for all of the stuff in mine that isnt firearms.
    Have used the pvc trick in the past also.

11. Member
    14 gauge

12. Member
    Removed door on another safe, heck of alot easier to move that one. But with my current living situation, the turns would likely damage walls. Turns are really tight. Im only looking at this particular safe because the dimensions are perfect for the manueverabilty. Its only 230 lbs, but the dimensions are 'right'. 55x20x17.... Have measured everything multiple times.
    Gotcha...

Yeah if it fits exactly as needed rock it. From what I researched unless you are getting into really high end $$ stuff there isnt much difference. They are all glorified cabinets.

13. Member
    I went with the next size up... EGS23. 60 lbs heavier, has Molle style handgun pouches(4), 3 mag pouches and an accessory bag. Multiple shelf configurations.

It was easier than I thought, (it was a solo mission) only came away with 1 scratched up hand, and have no clue how I did it...

No walls, doors or jambs were injured in the making of this post or placing the safe
    I did buy a 1k lb dolly just for this, and can use for other things later...

14. Member
    I went with the next size up... EGS23. 60 lbs heavier, has Molle style handgun pouches(4), 3 mag pouches and an accessory bag. Multiple shelf configurations.

It was easier than I thought, (it was a solo mission) only came away with 1 scratched up hand, and have no clue how I did it...

No walls, doors or jambs were injured in the making of this post or placing the safe
    I did buy a 1k lb dolly just for this, and can use for other things later...
    HAHAHAHAHa its amazing what you can doo when you get something home then go hummmmmmm how the F am I gonna do this.

15. Member
    RIGHT!!!! Just played the access route in my head when I went back to dealer. Helped kid load into truck and said to myself... SELF, you got this

16. Member
    Not enough room in your safe............nothing stopping you from adding another one.

A wheel grinder will open up any house safe so don't get worried about thickness. Really it's just the crack heads your protecting your firearms from because real gun thief's will be using one of these to open up the best safe in 30 minutes or less.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Expensive and not a long fire rating but very well built. I have a Zanotti modular in my basement. Great if you ever have to move it as it comes apart in about 20 minutes.
    21 Lund 1775 Impact XS 21 Merc 115 Pro XS

18. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    14 gauge
    A thief can get in it with a good pry bar then.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!

19. Member
    I have a Cannon safe and like it.