Ionic App/Bluetooth/BMS Questions

I have Ionic App/Bluetooth/BMS questions.

I have a 50ah lithium battery.

When you draw down the battery voltage to around 8.5 volts and the BMS trips to protect the battery:

Do you loose visibility to see the battery via the app? I can’t see the battery listed on the app now.

Should I be able to read voltage with a volt meter? I heard the battery will go to zero volts. I’m seeing about 8.8 volts now.

Wadaya think?

Just trying to understand what is supposed to happen before I charge the battery.
    RT188, 115 ProXS

2. Member
    It sounds like your battery went into sleep mode. Try charging your battery to wake up the BMS and allow communication with the app.
    Randy Almeida
    2023 Caymas CX21
    Mercury Pro XS

3. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    The BMS will disconnect at 10v to 10.5V, when that happens it will disconnect power to the positive post , at that point any reading you get on a meter will be false due to residual bleed over, usually around 2v but depending on the meter settings you may see it show 8v, the battery should be woke up and charged immediately, if you charger has wake up capabilities, get it charging, if it does not wake it you can connect jumper cables to it and a charged battery then plug in the charger
    after the battery wakes up you can remove the cables and continue to charge
    you can also wake up with a jump started if it has a low voltage bypass
    Last edited by DREWTICK; 01-21-2024 at 04:27 PM.
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

Quote Originally Posted by DREWTICK View Post
    The BMS will disconnect at 10v to 10.5V, when that happens it will disconnect power to the positive post , at that point any reading you get on a meter will be false dur to residual bleed over, usually around 2v but depending on the meter settings you may see it show 8v, they battery should be woke up and charged immediately, if you charger has wake up capabilities, get it charging, if it does not wake it you can connect jumper cables to it and a charged battery then plug in the charger
    after the battery wakes up you can remove the cables and continue to charge
    you can also wake up with a jump started if it has a low voltage bypass
    Thanks for the detailed response
    RT188, 115 ProXS

Quote Originally Posted by randy_almeida View Post
    It sounds like your battery went into sleep mode. Try charging your battery to wake up the BMS and allow communication with the app.
    Thanks for replying to my question
    RT188, 115 ProXS