Thread: Tr-186 REMODEL

Tr-186 REMODEL

I have a 2005 Tr-186 that needs some TLC. Hull and motor are in great shape. I’m considering getting the seats re-covered, all new carpet, and sand-blasting/powder-coating the trailer. Any recommendations in Virginia for this type of work?

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    An angler in the club I fish with on SML has an older Ranger and he has had similar work done by “Just Rig It” in Ridgeway and says they are awesome.

3. Member
    Motortechva in Suffolk does carpet and I bet they sub seat work out to one of the local upholstery shops.

Steve Jones has a linex shop in Suffolk….he sprayed my keelguard….much better than any other product. He sprays trailers too….had mine done at a different shop in 2012….better than powdercoating.

Ted Boyette (ncboatguy) does restoration, glass work and upholstery. He subs out carpet…..his rates are really fair but he is in NC.
    Lightning 6
    2007 TR-196DC

4. Member
    Thank you both for your suggestions. I'll keep them in mind when reaching out.

5. Member
    I used Rick's upholstery in Lynchburg about 10 years ago. I see that they are still in business. He did a good job but the location is so sketchy I took the seats out and brought them there instead of leaving my boat.