Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Ford f150 valve cover supply (or lack of)

Greetings ford owners. Any word on why the 3.5 ecoboost valve covers are out of stock everywhere? Seems like ford or the manufacturer may be holding back the supply.
    ...Greg

2. Member
    A coworker has one that is leaking and has been waiting over 2 years for it to be repaired under warranty because of lack of supply. Apparently they keep making their piece of shit trucks instead of taking care of their customers.
    "the liberties of the American people were dependent upon the ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box; that without these no class of people could live and flourish in this country..."

3. Member
    Guessing the mfg of the covers can't keep up. Betting a quick search and a used set would pop up. Somethings aren't worth stressing over anymore. Including people. Cj
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.

Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    A coworker has one that is leaking and has been waiting over 2 years for it to be repaired under warranty because of lack of supply. Apparently they keep making their piece of shit trucks instead of taking care of their customers.
    1978 Forte still going strong?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    Just one of the reasons I went with Toyota since '07

6. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireball View Post
    Just one of the reasons I went with Toyota since '07
    Rust bucket.

7. Member
    one of my shops has a ford truck with a bad intake and it has been almost a yr waiting on parts, still not here
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

8. Member
    Dang.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    Rust bucket.
    No, you're mistaken. My Rust Bucket was my Chevy's.

This Tundra truck has been flawless for 17 years with the exception of a drivers side front speed sensor that I had to replace at the cost of $86 about 5 years ago. Other than that, start it up and Fishing I Will Go !

10. Member
    Try getting a "stretch belt" for a Tahoe. Its bad when you can't buy a belt! Personally I think the idea of a stretch belt is a bad idea. They claim 100 k on it, fine I've gotten more than that on a standard serpentine belt. Plus the standard has a tensioner. One more thing, the stretch is a one time belt, if it has to be removed, it can be put back on.
    All brands have issues but normal maintenance things like this is idiotic. IMO
    Let's see, off top of my mind;
    GM: injectors, lifters, etc.
    Ford: coil packs (eco boost), valve covers (didn't know this), 10 speed issues
    Dodge; brake pads (police interceptor, maybe all, unsure), etc
    Anyone care to pile on the "SUPPLY CHAIN SHORTAGE"!
    Last edited by BroWhoop; 02-09-2024 at 08:08 AM.
    2014 Phoenix 721XP, 250 SHO, Bobs Action Jack, Dual Blades, 112 Ultrex, 2019 Lariat FX4 F150 Supercrew 4x4

During my oil change and multi point inspection earlier this week, they noticed that apparently the right valve cover and also the vacuum pump are leaking oil. That particular service writer is pretty notorious for adding a bunch of stuff that isn't really needed so I certainly want another opinion after getting $2500+ worth of stuff that is suddenly bad since the last oil change 6k miles ago.

Are these valve cover leaks pretty obvious from the outside or am I going to need to pull plug coils to find it?

If it is going to be a wait, I might as well get in line.

With that said, that dealer looked to have over 50 f150s on the lot and the dealer in my town looked to have about the same...I wonder if maybe Ford should look at service parts over new trucks for a while because its clear they aren't selling nearly as many new trucks.

Doorman needs to step up its game

13. Member
    This is a problem ? How long has Ford made this engine and why are they leaking ?

I ran into this same thing this past week, but a different part. The FIMC went out and I had to find a wrecked truck part via LKQ to get my truck back. Had I not, it would be April before I got a solid date for return.
    Been fishin' since I was 5 years old...Thanks Grandpa!

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    Rust bucket.
    Don’t forget the airbag fiasco.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FrancoCialone View Post
    This is a problem ? How long has Ford made this engine and why are they leaking ?
    Doesn't always have to be the vehicle manufacturer's fault....could be a supplier issue? They could have changed the part and not informed Ford....could have been the material supplier behind the supplier of the covers? As a matter of fact this makes more sense since as you pointed out....they have been making this engine for quite some time.

17. Member
    Same thing trying to get an exhaust manifold for a Hemi. For the longest time they couldn't even attempt to give you a date. Just a couple months out now.

18. Member
    Needs a value cover? How old is it?

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat21 View Post
    Doorman needs to step up its game
    What have I got to do with Ford valve covers?
    John the Garage Doorman

2012. And they are plastic :(
    ...Greg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast