Thread: Canik 9mm

Canik 9mm

I am interested in buying a Canik TP9sfx. Anybody own one and have any thoughts on this pistol?

I have a Rival grey and a Rival S (steel frame). Great triggers and shoot extremely fast. I have quite a few competition pistols, and with a red dot on either of these stock Caniks I can shoot consistently as good as I can with pistol costing two and three times as much or more.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

Canik's have great reviews. I had one of the first TP SA. it's another Glock like pistol with a better trigger, compared to the Walther PPQ which is considered the best trigger out of the box. Shop around for the best price. You can also go to GunDeals.com to see what the best deals are and then look locally. Don't know if you deal with the locals, Northeast on Rt 1, North Shore on 114 Middleton, there's also Patriot Arms in Ipswich. You can also go to Gunbroker.com. ( I was a North Shore guy years ago)
    2018 G3 Sportsman 17 90 SHO

4. Member
    Big Al, I live in Peabody and have dealt with all of the shops you mentioned. None of these shops had the gun. I had to drive to Canik dealer in Dracut they had 1 left. Went to the range yesterday had a couple of hiccups but the gun is new i need to give it a little time and put some rounds thru it. My Bass club fished Maine exclusively for years I love that state.

Quote Originally Posted by sampark View Post
    Big Al, I live in Peabody and have dealt with all of the shops you mentioned. None of these shops had the gun. I had to drive to Canik dealer in Dracut they had 1 left. Went to the range yesterday had a couple of hiccups but the gun is new i need to give it a little time and put some rounds thru it. My Bass club fished Maine exclusively for years I love that state.
    It might take a couple of 100 rds to fully seat and run perfect. I sent you a PM

AL

6. fish8503@yahoo.com GOTTA BIG SACK's Avatar
    They look nice. Guns.com has them starting at $349. Not bad

https://www.guns.com/firearms/handgu..._low_hi&page=1
    2021 Skeeter ZX150
    2020 Sea Doo GTI se 170

Quote Originally Posted by sampark View Post
    I am interested in buying a Canik TP9sfx. Anybody own one and have any thoughts on this pistol?
    Sent you a PM

8. Member
    I got 1 a few years ago when they first came out and just recently got rid of it. That being said, they are excellent!! I bought it as an entry level steel plate gun and it came shipped w/ a Vortex red dot. Very good trigger, accurate and ate all the ammo that I threw at it. The only reason that I got rid of it was that I bought a Walther Q5 SF which cost me 3x the $$$ as the Canik. The only real advantage that the Walther has over the Canik is the weight of the gun and an ever so slightly better trigger on the Walther. The added weight of the Walther makes it gobble the recoil to the point where the red dot barely comes off target. Only down side to the Canik is parts/ mags can be a little harder to find but not impossible. Buy 1 and you won't regret it.
    5 Short of a limit

9. Member
    I have one and love it, never so much as a hiccup, and it has been one of the most accurate 9's, I have or have shot.
    2018 Ram Big Horn Crew With "CUMMINS POWER"
    2016 Bullet 21 XRD 250 PRO XS
    Minn Kota Ultrex
    Lowrance
    Garmin
    Bravo XS Prop
    Bobs Hyd. 14" Plate

Quote Originally Posted by EJmagnum186-NH View Post
    I got 1 a few years ago when they first came out and just recently got rid of it. That being said, they are excellent!! I bought it as an entry level steel plate gun and it came shipped w/ a Vortex red dot. Very good trigger, accurate and ate all the ammo that I threw at it. The only reason that I got rid of it was that I bought a Walther Q5 SF which cost me 3x the $$$ as the Canik. The only real advantage that the Walther has over the Canik is the weight of the gun and an ever so slightly better trigger on the Walther. The added weight of the Walther makes it gobble the recoil to the point where the red dot barely comes off target. Only down side to the Canik is parts/ mags can be a little harder to find but not impossible. Buy 1 and you won't regret it.
    I think the trigger on the Rival may have surpassed the Walther. It's incredible. The reason I didn't get the Rival was the $100 price difference and I wouldn't use all the goodies that were in the case.
    But Oh that trigger.

Caniks are on sale at Academy

Canik quality has come up a lot in recent years(as well as the price) I don't have one anymore but from what I have seen they are all good reliable shooters. Their comp guns are well worth the money.
    21 Lund 1775 Impact XS 21 Merc 115 Pro XS