Is this a good choice?

Looking for a dual-purpose gun vise mainly for cleaning/maint and the occasional sighting-in. Is there a better option than this one from Primos? Reviews are pretty good. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...KIKX0DER&psc=1
    Some people are so judgemental. You can tell just by looking at 'em.--Some random meme

2. Arkansas Fishing Moderator cmclairday2's Avatar
    For the price that looks hard to beat for occasional use. Looks really similar to a lead sled, at about half the price.
    '02 Gambler Outlaw
    '02 Mercury 200 EFI 2.5L

3. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BP in ME View Post
    Looking for a dual-purpose gun vise mainly for cleaning/maint and the occasional sighting-in. Is there a better option than this one from Primos? Reviews are pretty good. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...KIKX0DER&psc=1
    I've got that Primos rest and it's a very good unit for shooting from.

If you've already got bags/a serviceable rest to shoot with and are looking for something that's far more versatile for working on a variety of firearms, you might consider this Tipton... It's a little more money, but I much prefer it to the Primos for that purpose.

Amazon.com: Tipton Best Gun Vise with Secure Adjustable Cradle, Storage Compartments for Cleaning, Gunsmithing and Firearm Maintenance,Red/Grey : Everything Else
    Who controls John Gill?

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hatcreek View Post
    I've got that Primos rest and it's a very good unit for shooting from.

If you've already got bags/a serviceable rest to shoot with and are looking for something that's far more versatile for working on a variety of firearms, you might consider this Tipton... It's a little more money, but I much prefer it to the Primos for that purpose.

Amazon.com: Tipton Best Gun Vise with Secure Adjustable Cradle, Storage Compartments for Cleaning, Gunsmithing and Firearm Maintenance,Red/Grey : Everything Else
    I just ordered that exact Tipton and got it in yesterday from Amazon. I paid $79.59 though.

I have the Tipton Best Gun Vise….i like it
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com