Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What have you hooked....

...that you knew wasn't fish and was shocked that was what you hooked?

Mine was a riding lawnmower in a flooded back yard.

2. Member
    Trout fishing as a teen, snagged a life like doll head. Low light conditions it scared the crap out of me. We still joke about it today and that was 30 some years.

3. Member
    A bird.

A Duck

5. Member
    Grocery cart

6. Member
    A guy I worked with back around 1990, his father pulled in a dead body while trout fishing.

7. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    decent size water snake
    Prints and more available at: http://BSPhotography.co/
    Digital downloads available at: https://licensing.pixels.com/profiles/1-brian-shoemaker
    IG: BSPhotographyZ9

8. Member
    I hooked a 10XD connected to a hound dog lure retriever. Made money that day!

9. Member
    I know this isn’t unique, but it still confuses the heck out of you when it happens. Hooked a rock, and fought it for 2-3 minutes before getting it up where I could see it. The rock had zebra mussels attached to one side where I hooked it, and it was lopsided enough that it “fought” me and surged downward [supposedly!] every time I tried to turn it. Good for a long-winded belly laugh from your partner, but karma is a b****, because a couple of years later the same thing happened to the guy who laughed at me. Then it was my turn to give the business. Tin cans half full of mud will also stretch your string….

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbass123 View Post
    I know this isn’t unique, but it still confuses the heck out of you when it happens. Hooked a rock, and fought it for 2-3 minutes before getting it up where I could see it. The rock had zebra mussels attached to one side where I hooked it, and it was lopsided enough that it “fought” me and surged downward [supposedly!] every time I tried to turn it. Good for a long-winded belly laugh from your partner, but karma is a b****, because a couple of years later the same thing happened to the guy who laughed at me. Then it was my turn to give the business. Tin cans half full of mud will also stretch your string….
    Did you call for the net?

11. Member
    Full beer can( hooked through the pull tab) Horse(about 12" tall x 16" long) plastic model hooked through the bridle.

12. Member
    Weighted Trout lines put up a good fight !

13. Member
    Son caught a pistol through the trigger while fishing under a bridge on Wylie. Turned it over to the Police.

14. Member
    Alligator!

15. Member
    Flipped a jig up next to a green cypress tree, as the jig made its way to the bottom, I got the thump I was looking for, Liked to knock the rod out of my hand it hit so hard, I set the hook and the fight was on, I would tug and it would tug back, this fight went on for a couple of minutes, I just could not get it up off the bottom. I started to think I had caught a really flexible limb, I was fishing heavy braid, I reeled down and attempted to break the line, it started moving towards me, so I reeled down and forced it all the way to the boat, I reeled down one last time to pull up what ever it was that I had hooked, and I drug a 50+ pound alligator snapping turtle to the surface with a heavy flipping jig lodged in his mouth, he was pissed and I was not gonna try to recover the jig. Cut the line and let him go back to where ever it wanted to be.
    2018 Ram Big Horn Crew With "CUMMINS POWER"
    2016 Bullet 21 XRD 250 PRO XS
    Minn Kota Ultrex
    Lowrance
    Garmin
    Bravo XS Prop
    Bobs Hyd. 14" Plate

16. Bullet/Reels4Sale/Rods4Sale Moderator jayfaro's Avatar
    Several years ago my buddy hooked a monster under a bridge. Pretty strong current at a choke point and he was barely able to move it...after 10 minutes of him fighting it i said "ok, get up front we going to chase it down" "IT" ended up being a lawnchair!
    Jay Faro
    Bullet 21xdc/300xs

17. Airborne/Infantry bassnman81's Avatar
    Dead body.

Lake Norman, N.C./New Britain, CT.
    An Khe 66-67

18. Member
    Tampon Daytona beach. It washed clean.

I hooked a beach umbrella once and when I finally got it to the boat I saw several crank baits hooked to it. I removed the crank baits and using my trolling motor I towed it off to deeper water away from the cover and left it there.

20. Member
    We never hooked it but there was a guy missing out on the lake for a day and half or so and the line just went heavy. We thought oh **** we're going to spend the rest of the morning filling out paper work with the sheriff and CG.

It was a 10+ foot broken tree limb...thankfully
    Scott
    2016 Nitro Z20 Pro
    Serial # 2B125401 - 250ProXS DFI/TM2

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast