Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZII View Post
    Yes
    Yes
    If given the opportunity to pursue it and not have other obligations.
    Take me fishing, I need some learnings

2. Member
    In my prime, pre-FFS, maybe... Today? At age 62?? Not even close.

Few here do.

Basscat Eyra
    Mercury 250 ProXS

4. Member
    A Hard no here !

5. Member
    Nope!

6. Member
    Then once you establish yourself as a fisherman, you have to manage life with marriage and heaven forbid kids
    and try and balance those responsibilities thru the inevitable time and money struggles. I know local fisherman
    who have the physical and mental skills to advance and have tried, and won a couple BFLs, but they failed in the
    balancing act as their partner didn't have the same level of commitment to their dream as they did.....

I have a ton of respect for people who made it work for 20+ years. Those are your true warriors...
    2017 Triton TRX Patriot w/250 ProXS Optimax

7. Member
    If I practiced for a year I’m sure I could not get dead last once.

All yall that say yes, I wanna know what your local stats are. If you won your club AoY one time I think you need to reconsider your answer.

8. Member
    nope

9. Member
    I gave it a dang good try in the 90's and early 2000's and fell short.

Now with FFS - Not a Chance in Hell

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    I fish fairly often. Do pretty well locally but I would still get my butt kicked. The really good ones are on a different level than most.

I know some guys that absolutely dominate locally and even regionally. Once they made the Elites they were mid pack or lower in the points standings.
    True! I am north of 60 and no way now! In my early 30's I had earned some sponsors that would pay entry fees for the opens and a memo boat and some cash/tackle but realized I may have to sacrifice my wife and 2 baby girls to find out if I could compete. I decided that it was not what I wanted to risk. Thank God! No regrets!

11. Member
    Yes. My main issue would be not having much lake knowledge outside of 2 states. I would need a couple of years on tour to have a shot at cashing checks.

12. Member
    Current state and status nope. If I had the time required to dial in FFS effectively absolutely could at least be in money. But times ticking for me so doubtful I’ll ever find out.

No
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

No with or without FFS and I’m thinking the pro’s live a certain way that gives them the good energy to attract fish etc. Pro fisherman are like 33rd degree masons while us common folks will never be a mason of any degree.
    '94 Charger Foxfire 180VF '96 Suzuki DT150S BASS

15. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    20 years ago? Yes. But I quickly learned I didn't like tournament fishing. The skill aspect was the easy part.

Like many, I grew up bass fishing, it was my number 1 love and I thought I excelled at it. Then I became old enough to enter as a coangler, I loved it and outfished my boater every time. My biggest issue was not being the one who made the decisions on where or how to fish, I needed a boat.

Long story short, I got a boat, entered my first tournament as a boater and hated it. I didn't even bother to weigh my fish in. I knew I wasn't gonna pursue a career in bass fishing. The time, the cost, the travel required, it would turn something I loved into a job and would keep me away from home longer than I would want.
    Thanos was the hero

16. triton
    I'm part of the 40 years ago group, maybe back then I think I might have made it, now
    its just fun fishing and help some of the wana bees....I do see a lot of young
    talent fishing local tournaments, age makes a major difference fishing competitive events....

CARL MAYER
    SKEETER FX20 2016
    BARRYVILLE NY 12719

2023 FORD RAPTOR

Fishing skill probably several on here could. Fishing knowledge not so many. Not many can deal with all the mental and physical stress of 7 straight days. Then when you finish one you pack it all up and go straight to the next one. While your driving you're thinking about the bills piling up.
    You can censor my speech but not my thoughts or will
    We are living in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

Nope. I have never fished tournaments non-stop. I love it to much to turn it into a job. That has always been my fear.
    2022 Caymas cx20pro 250 Pro XS s/n 3B099812

19. Member
    Yes but that would only be in my dreams.
    John the Garage Doorman

Quote Originally Posted by rb View Post
    Fishing skill probably several on here could. Fishing knowledge not so many. Not many can deal with all the mental and physical stress of 7 straight days. Then when you finish one you pack it all up and go straight to the next one. While your driving you're thinking about the bills piling up.
    Shoot, I dealt with the stress of working 7 straight days and traveling and all that. Yeah you have to be focused, many people are capable of dealing with hard work and stress. But those that do, tend to pick professions that will pay them well or start their own businesses. Pro fishing is a gamble.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast