Thread: Well…

Well…

This Toto ain’t in Kansas anymore…. Made the trek to Pierre Part.. fished 3/4 day on Pierre Part side, caught 1 12incher!! Found some pretty stuff, punched some mats, flipped some wood, spinnerbaited some flats, swam a Texas rig craw, caught on that..
    (check out the new Black Label craws!! Cliff Pace sent me some to try but I also bought some at Gus’ in Slidell..my marsh bass back home will love them!!)

im good for now but if anyone is around Pierre part or Belle river area or has a camp in the area, I’m gonna need to plug my battery charger in tomorrow/Monday night..

I just topped off my boat gas tank and filled a 2.5 gallon can to carry for a grand total of $8.84!! If I burn 8.5 gallons tomorrow it’ll be a rough day!!(I’m going in the basin… I didn’t find anything to give me a fuzzy feeling outside the levee today)

2. Member
    I fished some "high" water spots in the northern part of the Atchafalaya basin from 10 a.m. until 3 p.m. on Sunday. I caught 1, 13 inch bass. I only had 2 strikes. I found good fishable water and visible banks. I didn't see much movement on the water (gar, shad, etc.). I talked to one other bass fisherman and he was having similar results. I wonder if some of those "high" water spots lost all the water during the drought and haven't replenished yet.
    Last edited by Missedone; 03-01-2024 at 09:46 AM. Reason: typo

3. Member
    It is very tough bass fishing down here right now as you experienced. The wax, Bateman, and Bayou Black have all been tough. Has to be the effects from the drought.

4. Member
    I rode a 28 mile round trip today in the basin..(on 3 gallons of gas!!)… fished a lot of beautiful stained to dirty water.. found a bunch of that funky black water…. Zero bass…. 2 big drum on a fire craw chatterbait way back in the swamp.. I flipped wood, punched mats, cranked some points, pitched a craw around some drains…. Nothing!! Figured the fish would be in the woods with the water being about a foot high, so I went way back in some ditches I knew of that open up to lakes, nothing…

very disappointing!!

now I gotta find somewhere to charge my trolling battery and I’ll go try again tomorrow down south somewhere outside the levee..

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bankmc View Post
    It is very tough bass fishing down here right now as you experienced. The wax, Bateman, and Bayou Black have all been tough. Has to be the effects from the drought.
    thanks for the heads up.. I was thinking about going to the wax tomorrow… haven’t been down there in many years!! I guess I’ll wait… probably gonna just go bounce around stevensville..

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Missedone View Post
    I fished some "high" water spots in the northern part of the Atchafalaya basin from 10 a.m. until 3 p.m. on Sunday. I caught 1, 13 inch bass. I only had 2 strikes. I found good fishable water and visible banks. I didn't see much movement on the water (gar, shad, etc.). I talked to one other bass fisherman and he was having similar results. I wonder if some of those "high" water spots lost all the water during the drought and have replenished yet.

strangely, I didn’t see many garfish either.. bunch of alligators..

7. Member
    I saw lots of gators too! I encouraged them to eat Asian carp

8. Member
    Too bad we don’t have anything like Lake Fork or Toledo Bend down here in south Louisiana. We can only dream ….

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CajunFlipper View Post
    Too bad we don’t have anything like Lake Fork or Toledo Bend down here in south Louisiana. We can only dream ….
    Never will with all the ice chest fishermen down here…. Catch and release to the grease..

I’ll keep a few bass from time to time but I keep lil 1 pounders from the marsh where they’re plentiful by the gazillions…

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marshman View Post
    Never will with all the ice chest fishermen down here…. Catch and release to the grease..

I’ll keep a few bass from time to time but I keep lil 1 pounders from the marsh where they’re plentiful by the gazillions…
    Agreed

11. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CajunFlipper View Post
    Don't worry, soon the meat hunters will figure out FFS and those lakes will probably decline just like South La.

12. Member
    Not seeing many South Louisiana fishing reports lately ……

13. Member
    I’m back at the basin for a day or 2… stay tuned if you want.. I don’t have high expectations… I’m going far off the grid tomorrow..

14. Member
    Made a 35 mile round trip.. found 6 bites in a 100 yard stretch of water…

it’s official.. the basin sucks..

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marshman View Post
    Made a 35 mile round trip.. found 6 bites in a 100 yard stretch of water…

it’s official.. the basin sucks..
    Yes it does! Sorry! I hope you had a great day as the fishing may be bad but it is a beautiful and wonderful place!

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Missedone View Post
    Yes it does! Sorry! I hope you had a great day as the fishing may be bad but it is a beautiful and wonderful place!
    Oh I had a great day just stretching the legs on my lil boat.. my lil mule literally burns no gas… I visited a bunch of old favorite places (can’t be too specific on here). Some places I used to win money in don’t hold water anymore….

found some beautiful stuff… found water in every color from mud to black to aquarium clear to some funky orange color.. the bites I had were in water that was more clean than I’d normally fish… surprisingly..

never did find my favorite spillway green water.. not today, anyhow..

im gojng on verret side tomorrow… hoping I have some trolling motor battery left..
    Last edited by marshman; 03-10-2024 at 10:09 PM.