Winter can end now..... BoatBuggy's Avatar

Multi-Piece Megabass Rods

Looking for some input from those who own or have owned multi-piece Megabass rods. There is a new P5 JDM model (https://www.megabass.co.jp/site/prod...r_p5_f2st-73x/) that I want the specs of but I don't know if I want the 3 piece construction. I've done a lot of flyfishing in my life and don't really have an issue with fly rods being multi-piece but they are also 9+ ft long. I've never owned a multi-piece casting rod.

Thanks.....
    2013 Ranger Z520c, 2013 Yamaha 250 SHO
    2018 Ranger RT198p, 2013 Mercury 150 Optimax

I've fished multi piece Megabass rods for a very long time, including the very impressive, three piece Triza Series. I also like the specs of the Kirisame Bait Strategist and am looking forward to getting my hands on one! Regarding the multi-piece construction, Megabass does an incredible job putting these together as you'd expect. From the Triza Aello which is a great travel BFS rod, the Dragoon that I've used for glides, frogs, big jigs, etc. they have performed flawlessly. I don't yet know if the new Destroyer model utilizes the new triangle concept introduced with the Triza series, but I have no doubt that Megabass will get this one right too.

3. Winter can end now..... BoatBuggy's Avatar
    Any idea when TT might be getting the new P5 JDMs? I'm thinking the Kirisame Bait Strategist is one I would make a roadie to Syracuse for.
    2013 Ranger Z520c, 2013 Yamaha 250 SHO
    2018 Ranger RT198p, 2013 Mercury 150 Optimax

Quote Originally Posted by BoatBuggy View Post
    Any idea when TT might be getting the new P5 JDMs? I'm thinking the Kirisame Bait Strategist is one I would make a roadie to Syracuse for.
    I don't have an ETA presently but I'm working to find out. I'll have hands on most of these next week to give them a whirl

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronzefly View Post
    I don't have an ETA presently but I'm working to find out. I'll have hands on most of these next week to give them a whirl
    Any update on possible availability, Bronzefly??

Quote Originally Posted by autigerbass View Post
    Any update on possible availability, Bronzefly??
    I fished the new Destroyer models and am glad I had the opportunity, but I don't have a solid ETA yet. A couple of the models may be nonexistent for quite some time, but it's looking like a few of them will be coming sooner rather than later. Vague, I know, but I don't have a more clear answer as of yet...