New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar

Best Navionics card for our area??

I'm running Lowrance Carbon 9's and want to know the best Navionics card for our area and lakes, that we fish I know the coverage is not like other areas but my card is expiring in March and I have the latest upgrades to it right now , but will have to get a new one to keep getting updates or to upgrade or whatever..
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

2. Member
    Twitch, which Navionics card are you running now? The most updated is the the Navionics + east. depending on what card you have, you don’t need to buy a new card every time you run out of updates. you can simply plug it into computer with Navionics app and pay a discounted rate to update the card to newest updates and get the year of updates. I recently just got a c map for this season to try but so far from what I see I’m not impressed

3. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    I think that is the card I'm running and it expires in March ,but I was wondering if it was worth it to re-up the card and get another year of updates for it or was there a better card than what I have. I also have a cmap card that came with my carbons nothing special that I saw like the navionics better.

4. Scraps
    My area, south of you guys, I haven't found that the updates do me much, if any, good. Been using the same card for maybe three seasons. I "used to" think I needed to buy a new card every year.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

5. Member
    Do you lose any features if you don't re-up? Most likely there has been no changes made for years.
    Mike

2019 Ranger 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2
    2011 Tracker 175TXW w/ 75HO ETEC

6. Scraps
    Quote Originally Posted by blkfalc4 View Post
    Do you lose any features if you don't re-up? Most likely there has been no changes made for years.
    Far is I know, no, you would just not have access to community edits.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

7. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    Yeah, it would be community edits but not sure how much those really pertain to us like mentioned in another post , I personally think much of the upgrades and stuff are done to the coastal waters and such not so much to the inland waters and lakes and ponds . But I could be mistaken that why I was asking??

8. Member
    twitch, i havent updated my card in a few years myself. go to chart, and on the side bar you can take of community edits... see if it makes a difference on some bodies of water you fish. as long as you have access to the sonar charts feature thats what you want