Front facing sonar

Anyone that has front facing sonar find it useful fishing the bayous, canals and shallow lakes we have in South Louisiana or is the water too shallow for it to be effective?

Quote Originally Posted by joeyd20i View Post
    Anyone that has front facing sonar find it useful fishing the bayous, canals and shallow lakes we have in South Louisiana or is the water too shallow for it to be effective?
    Ive been in a boat with it multiple times fishing around here and it didnt seem to help . INFACT , I think it did the opposite because the guy who was running it was to busy trying to see a fish and scan everything on the screen while i was in the back snatchin in fish !!!!!!!!!
    BassCat-illac
    FastCat Fishin Team
    If you aint first , your last !!!
    All fat girls welcomed !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by joeyd20i View Post
    I dont have either but they say the mega 360 is better for fishing down here than the live scope is . But Im just a dumb redneck that doesnt have either on my boat so you can take it for what its worth .
    BassCat-illac
    FastCat Fishin Team
    If you aint first , your last !!!
    All fat girls welcomed !!!!!

4. Member
    I don’t have it, most likely never will…. But from my research and just paying attention while watching videos and stuff, it works shallow.. the Japanese guy at Sabine River was using it to target pilings on docks and bulkheads that visibly had fish sitting on them versus wasting time fishing ones with no fish… he placed pretty well..

I would love to tinker with it and learn how to use it in unusual ways as I’m an outside the box thinker but I’m never going to be able to drop $5-10 grand on something like that…

I’ll just keep scanning structure with my old and outdated side and down imagery…I don’t fish deep offshore stuff tho.. (hell, im lost if im deeper than 10-15 feet, and please point me in the right direction back to the shallows!!)

5. Member
    I have both live scope and mega 360 and fish south Louisiana. I have had both for about 18 months, unfortunately, I have not been on the water enough to learn how to use them effectively but they are very useful to find structure off of the canal banks. I see potential!

I was thinking it could possibly work around bulkheads and and docks depending on depth. I purchased one because I fish Toledo bend, caney, and Rayburn on occasion but I was just wondering if anyone actually finds it useful down here in the bayous and canals.

7. Member
    I just can’t justify plopping down that amount of dough for basically what my rig is worth.