Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 10ga View Post
    I don't know anything about lithium batteries, if I bought one of these can I replace all 3 of my Deka trolling motor batteries with this one battery? I assume I would need a different charger?

Thanks for any help
    Yes it would replace them all. You could also buy two and have a back up for less than 3 new agm batteries. You would just need a 43.8v lithium charger. I buy mine off Amazon. No need for anything fancy, the battery bms does the balancing and controls the charge.
    2022 Hog Island Skiff
    Johnson 70/40 jet

Bouncin' off rocks, and catching the smallies.

Potomac River Smallmouth Guide

Owner of Potomac Custom Tackle

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshKeller View Post
    You people will literally bitch and complain about anything.

Why can't I have a warranty? Why can't I have tech support? (On a battery?!l

The evil Google told me it could be used even if the description says brand new.

I guarantee you these batteries are made in the same exact factory as the ones you all can pay $1200+ dollars for. Pay more for someone to explain how to hook up the + and - if you want. I'm saving a grand a piece and if it has an issue, I'll tear into it and fix it.
    Paying more, a lot more for identical items with a different name…is important to some people, it makes them feel good.lol.

3. Member
    https://bslbattery.us/3766.html. actually 67 ah capacity nominal.

If you want to buy the same exact battery with a warranty.and a usa label, feel free.
    https://batteryusa.com/products/battery-usa-36v-60ah

Screenshot_20240301_090427_Samsung Internet.jpg

I ordered 3 of them. I'll do a full capacity test on them when I get them. After i verify that they test good, I'll order a bunch and offer a warranty and sell them for $1000 each.
    2022 Hog Island Skiff
    Johnson 70/40 jet

4. Member
    If you can't take a $300 loss if the battery goes bad, get rid of your boat, you can't afford that easier.

To the OP, thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by jigman51 View Post
    If you can't take a $300 loss if the battery goes bad, get rid of your boat, you can't afford that easier.

To the OP, thanks for the info.
    Truth. You remind me of how people talked about the great saving you'd get from switching to a 4 stroke outboard because you wouldn't be paying for premix oil anymore. I said the same. If this cost difference that cost difference was a significant factor for you, you can't afford your boat.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

https://bslbattery.us/3766.html. actually 67 ah capacity nominal.

If you want to buy the same exact battery with a warranty.and a usa label, feel free.
    https://batteryusa.com/products/battery-usa-36v-60ah

Screenshot_20240301_090427_Samsung Internet.jpg

I ordered 3 of them. I'll do a full capacity test on them when I get them. After i verify that they test good, I'll order a bunch and offer a warranty and sell them for $1000 each.
    This may have been said tongue in cheek but its not a bad idea at all if you have the time to spend on it. I'd open one up first just to confirm it was serviceable.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by draym View Post
    how do yall charge them?
    Or a simple power supply. CJ
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.

8. Member
    Is all BMS the same? If a battery has BFS does it mean it has the following ? Over charge, Over Discharge, Over Current, Short Circuit, High temp shutoff, Low temp shutoff. Also I am seeing these are not "Waterproof" rather water resistant. would that concern anyone if they knew they have waterproof battery compartments?

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wormdunker View Post
    Is all BMS the same? If a battery has BFS does it mean it has the following ? Over charge, Over Discharge, Over Current, Short Circuit, High temp shutoff, Low temp shutoff. Also I am seeing these are not "Waterproof" rather water resistant. would that concern anyone if they knew they have waterproof battery compartments?
    Very very few things are actually water "proof" it could easily be placed into a cheap plastic battery box

There's only a few brand of bms. But yes they will all provide that protection. Some offer Bluetooth which let's you watch real-time battery cell status
    Last edited by JoshKeller; 03-01-2024 at 10:21 AM.
    2022 Hog Island Skiff
    Johnson 70/40 jet

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by berudd View Post
    This may have been said tongue in cheek but its not a bad idea at all if you have the time to spend on it. I'd open one up first just to confirm it was serviceable.
    I'm waiting on a price quote on the rest of them if I go pick them up. They are absolutely Serviceable. Split the case and it's multiple small cells in parallel and series. When one of these fails, it's either the bms goes bad or you have 1 or 2 cells bad that sends the bms into protect.
    2022 Hog Island Skiff
    Johnson 70/40 jet

11. Member
    I'm be tempted to buy 2 and run them in parallel, that way if one fails just disconnect it and keep fishing using the other.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mean_dean View Post
    I'm be tempted to buy 2 and run them in parallel, that way if one fails just disconnect it and keep fishing using the other.
    Me as well.

13. Member
    I run a single 40ah 36v and I battle heavy river current all day and can't kill my battery. 60ah will last multiple days
    I really appreciate that insight.

I really wish I would not have bought 3 new batteries at Wal Mart a couple of weeks ago. This is a incredible deal. I would of just bought two of these batteries instead.
    Gambler 2200/250 Pro XS

15. Member
    I've bought several times through these guys for ebike battery cells. The prices can't be beat and you get what they say you'll get.

https://batteryhookup.com/products/n...y-with-bms-36v
    Are they 40lbs. or 58 lbs.? Are they 13" or are they 21"?

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rid 05 198 View Post
    Are they 40lbs. or 58 lbs.? Are they 13" or are they 21"?
    The chart shows them 21”

It shows L x W x H = 21” x 12” x 17”. Does that seems right?? Seems awful big. 17” tall???

58lbs

Oh I see now where you see the 13”. Yeah I’m not sure what they are.
    Last edited by BassinPaPaw; 03-01-2024 at 08:25 PM.

17. Member
    I agree Josh, if i thought i could 36V with my 24V i'd buy, but my DA self don't know

I actually ordered this battery yesterday and just now found this thread. I can update once I get the battery in and installed. For me it was worth the risk. Probably should've ordered 2 of them.

Quote Originally Posted by mean_dean View Post
    Yes it would replace them all. You could also buy two and have a back up for less than 3 new agm batteries. You would just need a 43.8v lithium charger. I buy mine off Amazon. No need for anything fancy, the battery bms does the balancing and controls the charge.

How do you charge when you have two in parallel - charging leads to only one battery, or split them ie lead to pos on one and neg on the other?

Tempted to replace 3 50ah to make some room in the bilge... assume output/runtime would be simlar?

Has anyone figured out the actual size? I see one place it says 13x6.5x9 and another that says 21x12x17

Honora Primum Vel Nullum Omnin Honorem

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast