Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BAM View Post
    "A pet specialty retailer"....
    Ya and more then one of these, and look at the addresses. One is a house in FL. and another in Minn. .

2. Member
    can someone explain how a 36 volt trolling motor that pulls 20 amps an hour can run all day on one of these. it seems to me it would be dead in 3 hours. what am I missing here as I don't understand. thanks for educating me. I have never checked the amp draw on mine but it's a 109 lb thrust so I would think it would pull more than that. I already ordered a battery and charger and just got to thinking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by pnut View Post
    can someone explain how a 36 volt trolling motor that pulls 20 amps an hour can run all day on one of these. it seems to me it would be dead in 3 hours. what am I missing here as I don't understand. thanks for educating me. I have never checked the amp draw on mine but it's a 109 lb thrust so I would think it would pull more than that. I already ordered a battery and charger and just got to thinking about it.
    You would need to have your motor on 60-70% power in order to average 20a average draw. If you fish wide open with your motor on that high then yes you will likely run out of battery. Typically, that's not the case that an average day on the water you will average 20a constantly per hour.

4. Member
    Dumb question but if I buy two and run them in parallel will my single 36v charger charge both or would I have to have a 2 bank?
    ~~1995 Gambler~~

Mercury 250 ProXS
    Bobs 10" AJ
    Dual Power Poles
    2-HB 1199's HB 1158 HB 597 in dash
    Ultrex 112

"Runs like a cheetah... with his @$$ on fire"

Quote Originally Posted by Babe Winkleworm View Post
    Dumb question but if I buy two and run them in parallel will my single 36v charger charge both or would I have to have a 2 bank?
    I would make sure both batteries are at the same level of charge when connected and then yes you should be fine to charge them in parallel.

Single bank will charge both.

Honora Primum Vel Nullum Omnin Honorem

7. Member
    https://bslbattery.us/res/pdf2023/06...ca21b389c1.pdf

Looks like Over and Under temp protection is built into the BMS. Does that mean the battery will protect itself from charging when too cold? It also mentions state of charge monitoring. Does anyone know if that’s accessible to the user or is that something that’s internal for BMS use or something?

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pnut View Post
    If you ran your trolling motor on high for for 3 hours without ever getting off it, you would probably run out of juice in about 3 hours. I don’t think most people will ever fish like that. I know if I tried to fish with my Ultrex on 10, it would be impossible for me. I would be moving way too fast. So I think most people run their trolling motors on a medium (5-6) speed. Also most aren’t on the trolling motor constantly. So it is really more like accumulated time. For me, I would guess I might actually only be running the trolling motor 30 minutes out of every hour I fish. I dont livescope though. They might be different.

9. Member
    How are you guys monitoring these batteries? The only monitors I can find online are for 12v only.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryanmc57 View Post
    Single bank will charge both.
    Do you connect charger to just one then, when in parallel?

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kissfan4 View Post
    How are you guys monitoring these batteries? The only monitors I can find online are for 12v only.
    The Amped bluetooth monitor does 36 volt battery

Quote Originally Posted by rid 05 198 View Post
    Do you connect charger to just one then, when in parallel?
    You can either connect to one or positive on one battery and negative on the other.

Honora Primum Vel Nullum Omnin Honorem

13. Member

As mentioned, I charged up both to 100% individually before installing and connected them in parallel. Connect Charger Pos to pos of Bat A and Char neg to neg of Bat B, and the charger bascially sees one huge 60ah battery. Also installed the Amped BT monitor as well.

Or, you can run perko switch to connect one or the other of both - but I didnt bother with any of that. If I have issue on the water I would have to manually seperate the bad battery. With A switch you would just turn the switch.

15. Member
    looks like they are all gone.

16. Member
    Did anyone else happen to order a battery, receive the shipping email with a tracking number, just to have the tracking canceled the same day? It happened to me this morning. I ordered my battery Monday, received my shipping notification this morning, checked it again just now and it says canceled. I shot them an email, but curious if it happened to anyone else.....

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bass-assassin View Post
    Did anyone else happen to order a battery, receive the shipping email with a tracking number, just to have the tracking canceled the same day? It happened to me this morning. I ordered my battery Monday, received my shipping notification this morning, checked it again just now and it says canceled. I shot them an email, but curious if it happened to anyone else.....
    There is a number on the website. I sent a text message to it and they replied in about a hour. I would give it try. They may have sold out on you, and cancelled the order.

215-383-5493. It’s says on their website to text that number.

18. Member
    Got mine I'll report how it does. Thanks to the OP for finding and posting this!
    ~~1995 Gambler~~

Mercury 250 ProXS
    Bobs 10" AJ
    Dual Power Poles
    2-HB 1199's HB 1158 HB 597 in dash
    Ultrex 112

"Runs like a cheetah... with his @$$ on fire"

19. Member
    Got two to run in Parallel to replace two AGMs and use my Force TM on 36V instead of 24V. Now that I theoretically have way more power on the trolling motor bank than I need I'm thinking about getting the Bandit from Monster Marine to run my graphs and livescope.

I also need to replace my old MK 315D charger. I'm leaning toward either the Monster Marine Dynamic charger or a Power-Pole charge. If anyone is familiar with both I'd love to hear opinions or other recommendations. I'd also add a battery monitor if I got the Monster charger.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassinPaPaw View Post
    There is a number on the website. I sent a text message to it and they replied in about a hour. I would give it try. They may have sold out on you, and cancelled the order.

215-383-5493. It’s says on their website to text that number.
    They screwed up. Battery is on the way...thank god lol

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast