Prairie Queen, Omaha Nebraska

Anybody on here have any experience fishing at Prairie Queen in Omaha? I have never been there and I think I'm going to check it out this weekend. Doesn't seem to be much out there for contour maps. The game and parks one is absolute crap. I heard this place can get pretty busy when the weather is good.

2012 Ranger z521
    Mercury 250 Pro XS

I fish it quite a bit since I live pretty close. It can get pretty crowded especially with the kayakers. Weekdays are the best time to go out there. I've caught some nice bass out of there especially in the spring when the grass is thick. Boat dock is kinda of short if you have a larger boat. It works but can be a pain especially if you're by yourself

I love to go to new lakes but anymore I am spoiled where I get frustrated in this day and age when I don't have a really good contour map to look at when going somewhere new.

2012 Ranger z521
    Mercury 250 Pro XS

Quote Originally Posted by Astro-T View Post
    I fish it quite a bit since I live pretty close. It can get pretty crowded especially with the kayakers. Weekdays are the best time to go out there. I've caught some nice bass out of there especially in the spring when the grass is thick. Boat dock is kinda of short if you have a larger boat. It works but can be a pain especially if you're by yourself
    Went there this last Saturday. Got there about 9am and was on the water about 4hrs. Caught a handful of 2lbers holding real tight to brush piles in about 15ft. Did a little exploring around. Very cool lake, lots of unique elements that I don't get to fish a lot of around here. The dock is kinda crappy, especially with a 20mph crosswind making it interesting. Will definitely hit this lake again this spring.

2012 Ranger z521
    Mercury 250 Pro XS

The dock would be ok if it wasn't so short!! Hope those maps help you out a bit!!