Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Day 2, Lake Fork Elites

Let's get ready to rumble!

This is an interesting tourney from a fantasy standpoint. No one in my local group has more than 950 points so far. I have something like 875, and gained ground in the overall Bassmaster fantasy standings. Lots of missed picks in this one.

2. Arkansas Fishing Moderator cmclairday2's Avatar
    I'm really curious as to whether the warming trend coming into the weekend pulls enough fish shallow to be an equalizer or if the offshore bite continues to dominate. I guess the guys trying to fish shallow have to survive the cut today to get to find out what the weather does for them over the weekend too lol. Yesterday was just crazy!
    '02 Gambler Outlaw
    '02 Mercury 200 EFI 2.5L

3. Member
    Those fishing deeper can follow their fish in the transition as well. They are not going to waste time casting if they do not see the numbers and quality they are targeting

Quote Originally Posted by cmclairday2 View Post
    I'm really curious as to whether the warming trend coming into the weekend pulls enough fish shallow to be an equalizer or if the offshore bite continues to dominate. I guess the guys trying to fish shallow have to survive the cut today to get to find out what the weather does for them over the weekend too lol. Yesterday was just crazy!
    I'm guessing the heavier weights will be offshore. Prolly scoping in 10ft of water or so, on the transitional route train. There could possibly be some bigs caught up shallow but not many. You've never seen a more educated fish until you fish ole' Mother Forker.
    Dallas Cowboys…..Eventual Super Bowl Champions

Time to get a Taku boy sticker.

6. dartag1829
    Wonder how many guys will run back to the bed fish they caught yesterday. I know it is legal but will be fun to see if they are still there.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dartag1829 View Post
    Wonder how many guys will run back to the bed fish they caught yesterday. I know it is legal but will be fun to see if they are still there.
    I would say highly likely they’ll revisit them. Especially if it was a jumbo.

Edit: I just heard norsetter say he was going to see if he could catch the one he caught yesterday. So I assume it’s at least within the rules.
    Last edited by Tigercat; 03-01-2024 at 07:20 AM.

Natty Wong is scoping, hasn't made a cast yet. Has a Jerkbait ready to throw.

Quote Originally Posted by dartag1829 View Post
    Norsetter just said he's going back into a pocket to see if he can catch one he caught there yesterday.

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat21 View Post
    Time to get a Taku boy sticker.
    Taku has his electronics reading the depth in meters.

Quote Originally Posted by Quillback View Post
    Natty Wong is scoping, hasn't made a cast yet. Has a Jerkbait ready to throw.
    Pretty crazy how they wont even fish until they see one and chase it down if need be. I forget who it was on Toledo that said he put about 5 miles on his trolling motor one day looking for and chasing down offshore suspended fish.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tcesni View Post
    Taku has his electronics reading the depth in meters.
    Yea I noticed that too

13. Member
    Tried to watch live got 10 minutes of commercials. Go to live mix can’t get full screen on my phone.

BASS really needs to fix their coverage. An app would be nice.

14. Member
    Walters with a 9 pounder and another (5lb I believe), he’s moved into the top 10.

Trey McKinney with an 8. Big ones again today!

Quote Originally Posted by june-bug View Post
    Pretty crazy how they wont even fish until they see one and chase it down if need be. I forget who it was on Toledo that said he put about 5 miles on his trolling motor one day looking for and chasing down offshore suspended fish.
    I watched Fujita for a bit yesterday and that is what he was doing the whole time the camera was on him, just cruising around on his TM scoping. Never saw him make a cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Bass in the grass View Post
    Walters with a 9 pounder and another (5lb I believe), he’s moved into the top 10.

Trey McKinney with an 8. Big ones again today!
    They interviewed McKinney this morning. all of 19 years old and he looks about 3 years younger than 19. Be neat to see him win.

17. Member
    6 cameras in boats.. that's it? And BASS almost never moves them. I guess I never paid attention to that before.

18. Member
    Hoping Fujita gets a big bag today.

If you don't like scoping, better not watch Live today. Everyone of them on camera today is scoping. Most throwing JB's.

McKinney with another decent fish.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast