Thread: Zeiss scopes

Zeiss scopes

I remember a time when anything starting with a Z was well beyond my budget but I see Midway has the Conquest V4 6-24x for $850. That's not even expensive by today's standards. I don't have a use for it but if I did that Z would certainly be on the list for consideration
    Some people are so judgemental. You can tell just by looking at 'em.--Some random meme

For me 850 is still a chunk of change but you get what you pay for. Most of my scopes are Vortex, Nikon and Arken but if I where to go on a once in a lifetime hunt, Zeiss, Steiner or Swarovski would be at the top of the list.
    21 Lund 1775 Impact XS 21 Merc 115 Pro XS

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 61Woody View Post
    For me 850 is still a chunk of change but you get what you pay for. Most of my scopes are Vortex, Nikon and Arken but if I where to go on a once in a lifetime hunt, Zeiss, Steiner or Swarovski would be at the top of the list.
    I've always been happy with mid-level Leupolds but I just got a Maven and it's the first time I've ever broken the 4 figure mark. I'm eager to get it to the range and then into the field but first impressions are good. Maybe it's just me but it does seem a little less forgiving than the Leupolds on eye relief. The Conquests were in the same price range a the time but I wasn't excited about them and can't recall why. I think it was the reticles offered. Shooters don't seem to be very excited about them either at least at the higher price point and I don't know if that's due to the reticles, limited features, or what. Nobody hates them as far as I know, there's just no buzz
    Some people are so judgemental. You can tell just by looking at 'em.--Some random meme