Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    My local service station tire man gives free rotation, but just do it myself.

My long time tire shop does rotations for free. They’ll check and balance tires for $5.00 each during a rotation.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

3. Member
    Hillsboro, MO 63050 & Dripping Springs, TX 78620
    Yes they are great.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoonerFan View Post
    Why I only buy tires at Discount Tire.

4. Member
    We get ours done at oil change times.! Makes it easy to remember that way. Cost at GM dealerships for oil change and tire rotation is very reasonable to me. Less than a $100 gets it done with a wash and free coffee.!

5. Member
    Always free from the local tire shop.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CastingCall View Post
    I would balance my own tires with a metal rod and some sticky weights before trusting any Walmart auto center staff to do it properly. JMO based on personal experience.
    I'm with you on this. I have bought ONE and ONLY one set from Walmart Never again... SERVICE SUCKS

Quote Originally Posted by donpilot View Post
    I still do all my own at 80 yrs. No stripped oil plugs, over tightend filters, cross threaded lugs and destroyed studs.last time I had it done professionally they put one in the right spot, one back where it came off, and the other were wrong.
    I hear ya. I turn wrenches for a living but don't enjoy doing it on my days off but I just don't trust many people to do that work. Oil changes and tire rotation is as basic as it gets but it's scary how many hacks are out there that have no clue about what they're doing. It's scary to be honest with you.
    Ranting incoherently

8. Member
    my ram dealer Peppers in Paris tn. have a sale each year 4 tires for the price of 3 including balance and rotation as long as you run them. I shopped you can not beat this deal

As for the balking at prices, cheap ain't always good and good ain't always cheap. You ain't getting steak at the drive through joint no matter what the menu says.
    Ranting incoherently

10. #FRB
    Quote Originally Posted by bilgerat View Post
    As for the balking at prices, cheap ain't always good and good ain't always cheap. You ain't getting steak at the drive through joint no matter what the menu says.
    And being cheap can easily cost you a lot more in the longrun.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CastingCall View Post
    I would balance my own tires with a metal rod and some sticky weights before trusting any Walmart auto center staff to do it properly. JMO based on personal experience.
    Had a tire continually losing air and decided to take it off myself and run out to Walmart for repair. The guy proceeds to put a patch on the inside, I bring the tire home and put it back on the truck. Next day the thing is half flat again. This time I take to the tire shop I should have been using all along. The guy tells me Walmart did a great job of putting the patch on, only problem it was about 4 inches from the hole. Never again for Walmart.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Idaho Sandman View Post
    Lmao. Then open a shop and charge less than $20/tire. I guarantee you won’t stay in business long as your capital will dry up quickly.
    I take my truck to the place I bought the tires from. They do it for “free”, well small charge when you buy a set of 4 from them, Discount Tire. No shop around here will balance and rotate for less than $20 a tire as they know they will go out of business quickly.
    So Sam’s Club will do it for $14.95 to balance and rotate your tires and you would go elsewhere to be charged $20 PER tire instead. Wow is all I can say

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireball View Post
    So Sam’s Club will do it for $14.95 to balance and rotate your tires and you would go elsewhere to be charged $20 PER tire instead. Wow is all I can say
    Lol! Where in my post did I say I go to places that charge that? Please quote the exact sentence. I buy from discount and get their warranty which includes free B&R plus flat repair/replacement. Sams charges that because they know you will go in and buy other items.
    96 Viper Coral202 225 Opti serial#1B011431

14. Member
    You sound like my mother who constantly complained about prices. She would always say “When I was a little girl you could get a piece of candy for one penny.” She grew up in the 1930s.

15. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    I change my own oil and filter and air filter....buy my michelins locally.....costly ...but I won't run another tire,,,,,,

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bilgerat View Post
    But you will be paying steak prices for a White Castle slider

Quote Originally Posted by davidsa View Post

One downside, the toyota dealer does not want to do a brake check unless they rotate the tires :(
    WTH, they already have to pull the wheels to do a brake inspection but charge more to put them back on in a different orientation?

18. Member
    Do these box stores and DIY also test the TPS system and reset for proper location when rotating tires?

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Idaho Sandman View Post
    Lol! Where in my post did I say I go to places that charge that? Please quote the exact sentence. I buy from discount and get their warranty which includes free B&R plus flat repair/replacement. Sams charges that because they know you will go in and buy other items.
    I’m sorry I probably mixed up the posts……..I'm old, please take me home….lol
    Sams Clubs also B&R your tires for free if you purchase from them. The 14.95 I paid them was on OEM tires while I was staying in Florida last March.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ProVle View Post
    Do these box stores and DIY also test the TPS system and reset for proper location when rotating tires?
    Excellent question….. however, I never had a problem with location as long as they were on the car they came off.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast