Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

EXTENDED WARRANTIES

Im sure a lot of you already know but i see more and more after market extended vehicle warranties... If you are buying from a dealership or even a used vehicle lot i dont care how hard they try to push the extended warranty they want to sale make sure it is through the manufacturer.. If its not through the manufactuer dont get it. In situations like to many miles or to old to meet the guidelines there are some aftermarket that arent horrible but do lots of research.. you have any questions dm me.. And i dont care what they tell you about covered bumper to bumper, there is no such thing.

2. Member
    They say you can take it to any service business. The problem is many service places won't accept them. Argue about extra parts, fight over the price and slow paying. Service places don't want the hassle.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by donpilot View Post
    They say you can take it to any service business. The problem is many service places won't accept them. Argue about extra parts, fight over the price and slow paying. Service places don't want the hassle.
    nope and i see to many people stuck in bad situations (partially their own fault) but some are just clueless and get taken advantage of

4. Member
    I got one on my last truck. It was a 6 year note and the warranty added $25/month. It covers everything supposedly but I haven't had the chance to test it out yet.

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

5. Member
    [QUOTE=NoCAL;13401646]I got one on my last truck. It was a 6 year note and the warranty added $25/month. It covers everything supposedly but I haven't had the chance to test it out yet.

NoCAL[/QUOTE

and you hope you never do but its nice to have if you need it, long as its the right one

6. Member
    I never purchase an extended warranty on anything....ever. I personally believe them to be a scam and will hang on to my money. If anything happens that is beyond the original warranty I will gladly pay and control who does the work.

I honestly can't remember the last time I filed a warranty claim on anything let alone an extended warranty.

M

7. Member
    I bought a Toaster last year $26.99 ,was asked if I wanted the warranty for $5.00 !

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MMyles View Post
    I never purchase an extended warranty on anything....ever. I personally believe them to be a scam and will hang on to my money. If anything happens that is beyond the original warranty I will gladly pay and control who does the work.

I honestly can't remember the last time I filed a warranty claim on anything let alone an extended warranty.

M
    lots are a scam but there are some that arent ive just seen a lot of dealers start pushing their own extended warranties (dont tell you that but they are something they are affiliated with).. sound expensive when buying which they are, but there a couple repairs and you got more then your money back.. But you are right its something you may never need but its a gamble you take

9. Member
    I own my own shop amd wouldnt buy a car without extended warranty. Route 66 is by far the best one we have delt with

10. Member
    Love when you turn down the warranty and then suddenly the price of said warranty gets cut in half
    2022 Phoenix 919 Pro Xp
    2022 Mercury 225 ProXs 3B171157

11. Member
    If anybody is offering an extended warranty, you can bet they are going to make money on it, extra $$$ for their bottom line. Instead, do your research on the product; product reveiws, Consumer Reports, etc.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FrancoCialone View Post
    If anybody is offering an extended warranty, you can bet they are going to make money on it, extra $$$ for their bottom line. Instead, do your research on the product; product reveiws, Consumer Reports, etc.
    You can even get the ones through the manufactuer through websites..

Haven't bought an extended warranty in years.....
    Dallas Cowboys…..Eventual Super Bowl Champions

14. Member
    Read the small print. I bought one that dealer said covered everything for 6 years. Didn’t cover exhaust item.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FrancoCialone View Post
    Yes, they have tried that one on me before too. He happened to find a coupon to lower the price after the original price was declined. The price with the coupon was also declined.

16. Airborne/Infantry bassnman81's Avatar
    When I purchased my last new veh. I was able to find a Ford dealer online that sold it for half price. I thought it was really worth it. I bought one Dodge truck in my life. I got the extended warranty too. Glad that I did, or I be living under a bridge.

Lake Norman, N.C./New Britain, CT.
    An Khe 66-67

17. Member
    Also watch out for the ones that require regular maintenance done at the dealership where you bought the warranty. Another profit opportunity scam for them.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JJohnSind View Post
    Also watch out for the ones that require regular maintenance done at the dealership where you bought the warranty. Another profit opportunity scam for them.
    oh yeah they look for anyway out.. always keep your maintenance records though, anyone can deny even base warranty if you cant prove youve maintained it

19. Member
    One word, SCAM to steal your money.

20. Member
    Good or not I got one when I bought my RAM new. I initially declined it but they came back and they offered to lower my interest rate if I accepted the warranty. Actually made my payment about $25.00 less. Was kind of a no-brainer. Truck long out of warranty and never needed it so I don't know if the extended warranty was any good or not.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast