Thread: 3-2-24 report

3-2-24 report

Started 7am at Anita. Docks are still not in. Wanted to start at a different spot than the campground arm. As I was driving through I could still see all the schools. There was no school around were I started and the water was a little colder…. Spent the rest of the morning in the campground arm and did well with a jig and jerkbait. 1 4lb and the rest over 2lb. It was a good morning. Left after lunch just got tired of the wind. Did anyone else have luck??

2. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    What was water mid 40’s?
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

3. Member
    Yes sir I saw 43 at the end of the day. In the campground arm on the north side, it’s 1 degree warmer than other parts of the lake. Looks like a cooler week of weather coming so I don’t look for it to be any warmer next weekend…. Don’t think I’ll leave the house today!! The wind is ridiculous outside side!!

4. Member
    I got out on Saturday for a few hours as well. Water up here was 38 degrees and I only caught one around two pounds on a lipless crank. Tried a jig, jerkbait, crankbait, chatterbait, and a blade bait and just couldn't get anything to bite. Don't know what it is, but it's exhausting fishing in constant heavy wind conditions. It was still nice to get out for a while though.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by coreynov902 View Post
    I got out on Saturday for a few hours as well. Water up here was 38 degrees and I only caught one around two pounds on a lipless crank. Tried a jig, jerkbait, crankbait, chatterbait, and a blade bait and just couldn't get anything to bite. Don't know what it is, but it's exhausting fishing in constant heavy wind conditions. It was still nice to get out for a while though.
    wind is exhausting !!