Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member

2. Member
    Rattlesnake island is the last places I'd wanna wreck. Not only is my boat f*@ked but I'm scared to death of snakes.

3. Member
    Local news reported it was very foggy this morning and said one of the men was in more serious condition than the other...that's all I heard an hour ago.

4. Member
    Darwin Award candidates.
    Lightning 6
    2007 TR-196DC

5. Member
    Ike, is that you?

6. Member
    Just talked to a buddy that was fishing that tournament he said that he heard the worst of the two had 3 broken ribs and a punctured lung. Very lucky!
    ~~1995 Gambler~~

Mercury 250 ProXS
    Bobs 10" AJ
    Dual Power Poles
    2-HB 1199's HB 1158 HB 597 in dash
    Ultrex 112

"Runs like a cheetah... with his @$$ on fire"

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Boat4Life View Post
    Local news reported it was very foggy this morning and said one of the men was in more serious condition than the other...that's all I heard an hour ago.
    One of the guys wife posted on FB that it wasnt foggy when the ran aground and don’t trust your navigation.

Quote Originally Posted by Cx21 Pro View Post
    One of the guys wife posted on FB that it wasnt foggy when the ran aground and don’t trust your navigation.
    Wow…wonder how that happens then? Did see a guy in the Conroe Brandon Belt blow 60MPH under a no wake bridge and then blow a no wake area by a marina at the same speed.

9. Member
    Any update?

10. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Could that BC hooked in a turn or something like that send them up the bank? I've seen two different BC boats in our club hook, one ended in the bushes on bank and other did a 180.....happened on two different occasions.......
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cx21 Pro View Post
    She left out the fact that it was 540am

Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    Could that BC hooked in a turn or something like that send them up the bank? I've seen two different BC boats in our club hook, one ended in the bushes on bank and other did a 180.....happened on two different occasions.......
    Some BCB owners that came out of other brands tend to run their props too high. Cats like theirs a little deeper than other boats. I did the same and my boat swapped ends in a corner. Adjusted PTP where it should be and never had another problem.
    Aaron Campbell
    Barling, AR
    2007 Bass Cat Sabre
    2011 Merc 175 Pro XS

Both were very lucky.

They were apparently running at launching, before daylight, on GPS and something mislead them on the islands location. We don’t believe fog was in play at that time and it was darkness. We understand the BCB a owner is hospitalized and the passenger is pretty scuffed up, though fine otherwise. Pre-Dawn runs should be very cautious times. Electronics need turned down on backlights, equipment setup prior to planing and things should be in order early. We are not saying this is the case, though it’s common and we often see people run at night with dash glare.

Be careful fellas’

BCB

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasD View Post
    She left out the fact that it was 540am
    Slowing the hell down in the dark or fog is always a good idea. People over think things at times but getting your foot off the throttle will cure most of this stuff.

15. #FRB
    Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    Can't be worse than the Chargers I've been in when it comes to nose hooking
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by adchunts View Post
    Some BCB owners that came out of other brands tend to run their props too high. Cats like theirs a little deeper than other boats. I did the same and my boat swapped ends in a corner. Adjusted PTP where it should be and never had another problem.
    Overthinking the obvious

All kidding aside…just glad both dudes are alive and hopefully will be ok.

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    This accident was obviously caused by the individual operating the boat and the brand of boat has nothing to do with it.

19. Member
    Oh that’s looks ugly. Hope those boys are ok. I’m always to scared to run wide open in the dark. Never know what could be floating in the water to hit

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WAWI View Post
    Slowing the hell down in the dark or fog is always a good idea. People over think things at times but getting your foot off the throttle will cure most of this stuff.
    Exactly, same with highway accidents, too much speed equals not enough reaction time. And, most people over estimate their driving abilities.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast