Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
  1. Member
    They all have tasers and spray. Those thugs live in hopes of being able to do that to someone someday. I bet they loved it.
    Hang on. I'll help you in 77 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunt1down View Post
    my son isn’t going to go into a store yielding a knife to harm someone! He is to busy working to pay good cops to take out the trash. Which is exactly what happened here. They just needed to crumple up the trash enough until the trash allowed them to put said trash’s hands in handcuffs.

When the trash assaulted the LEO the other LEO’s had no idea if the man had any other weapons.
    Question is what if you were a police officer in that situation? All of you that jump to conclusions tell the rest of us how you would handle it?

looks to me like a few lumps on the head, broken jaw and broken ribs is better than a bullet and the guy is dead. At least this way his mommy can take him some cookies while he sits in a box for a few days wondering why he committed a felony attempt assault and murder with a deadly weapon!
    Who did the trash murder?

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos81 View Post
    Thug is a thug, but the cops are thugs in this instance too. There is 4 people being videoed that society would be better off without.
    Na, just one.

Quote Originally Posted by RazorCat View Post
    Of course, no one ever seems to get video of good cops simply doing their jobs day in, day out. Saving lives, dealing with criminals, and generally being Good Samaritans when no one else is willing to.
    Hey, if you have hard on for police officers in general, call a criminal next time you’re in need of assistance.
    Funny, "on patrol live" is literally live on TV for 3 hours every Friday and Saturday night for millions of people to see real life interactions with leo's in real time.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone357 View Post
    This sounds good, but when you get right down to the reality of it. The good cops are out patrolling at the same time the bad ones are. Become known as a snitch, the bad cops will take their time coming to back you up when you need them the most.
    You have been watching too much Lone Wolf Mcquade and Serpico.

6. Member
    I guess the takeaway from all of this is none of us are perfect. We all have our flaws.

Someone tried to rob a business and threatened people, and attacked a police officer.
    Some cops reacted too strongly and with what looks like excessive force.
    The media shows incomplete footage, and leaves out details, showing only the parts that will get the most emotional responses from their audience.
    The person behind the camera stood by and filmed, instead of having courage to tell the cops they're being filmed, which likely would have de-escalated the situation.
    Most of us are taking hand picked information (which may be intentionally misleading), secondhand information, and wild speculation, and rush to judgment.

7. Member
    I read a study that showed nearly 99.9% of all police brutality victims could have avoided their fate by simply not breaking the law. Interesting.

8. Member
    Two of the deputies involved have been fired and criminally charged with federal civil rights violations and are facing a civil suit.

Retired officer here. Been in many fights with folks who didn't want to go to jail. The bottom line is that once you have him subdued, the fight's over. Even with what took place prior to and early during the confrontation, their use of force was excessive and objectively unreasonable IMO.
    2018 Tracker Pro Team 190 TX
    115 Mercury Pro XS 4S

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by osutodd View Post
    I guess the takeaway from all of this is none of us are perfect. We all have our flaws.

Someone tried to rob a business and threatened people, and attacked a police officer.
    Some cops reacted too strongly and with what looks like excessive force.
    The media shows incomplete footage, and leaves out details, showing only the parts that will get the most emotional responses from their audience.
    The person behind the camera stood by and filmed, instead of having courage to tell the cops they're being filmed, which likely would have de-escalated the situation.
    Most of us are taking hand picked information (which may be intentionally misleading), secondhand information, and wild speculation, and rush to judgment.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldstar225 View Post
    Two of the deputies involved have been fired and criminally charged with federal civil rights violations and are facing a civil suit.

Retired officer here. Been in many fights with folks who didn't want to go to jail. The bottom line is that once you have him subdued, the fight's over. Even with what took place prior to and early during the confrontation, their use of force was excessive and objectively unreasonable IMO.
    “It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you into trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so. “ – Mark Twain

11. Member

I do understand your point and do not exactly agree with their actions unless there is more to the story but the subject was not subdued. In cuffs? Yes, but not subdued.

sub·dued

/səbˈdo͞od/

adjective

(of a person or their manner) quiet and rather reflective or depressed.
      "I felt strangely subdued as I drove home"

"the liberties of the American people were dependent upon the ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box; that without these no class of people could live and flourish in this country..."

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Okie74133 View Post
    I read a study that showed nearly 99.9% of all police brutality victims could have avoided their fate by simply not breaking the law. Interesting.
    And so long as police departments investigate themselves and find no wrong doing, that stat will remain unchanged.
    Some people are so judgemental. You can tell just by looking at 'em.--Some random meme

Beginning of fight from another angle:

https://www.4029tv.com/article/surve...kansa/40995069
    “Ethical behavior is doing the right thing when no one else is watching—even when doing the wrong thing is legal.” —Unknown

14. Member
    He was wanted and attacked the officers. We see a short bit of video. I don’t know what he did to be in that position. I won’t jump to a conclusion either way. But I know this, Don’t break the law, Don’t attack officers. Bet he wouldn’t have been beaten had he cooperated.

15. Member
    Those cops weren’t just restraining/ subduing a suspect. They were dishing out their own retribution. Sorry, but that’s not their job, and if we let that be their job, we aren’t a rule of law civilized society any more.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Toni View Post
    Those cops weren’t just restraining/ subduing a suspect. They were dishing out their own retribution. Sorry, but that’s not their job, and if we let that be their job, we aren’t a rule of law civilized society any more.
    Well said!
    17 Ranger Z520c Black Out Edition
    Yamaha 250 SHO

17. Member
    When YOU are assaulted at what point do you stop defending yourself? The officer was assaulted by a man known to have had at least 1 weapon Pryor. Where do you stop protecting yourself? I know where I stop.

Everybody understands some LEO’s definitely do bad things and maybe some intentionally even. Should be fired. But people need to realize not to do the crime if they can’t do the time. Treat your neighbors like you want to be treated and this kind of thing won’t happen.

You beat me to it. They violated the law enforcement code of ethics and every use of force policy in the USA.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

The trial for the deputies is set for May of this year and a jury can decide their fate. Here in rural Arkansas it will be interesting to see how it comes out since most around here are good, country folks that are gonna watch that video and say “well, what did he think was gonna happen when he tackled that deputy.?” People around here were pretty upset about it when the video snippet was first released but that changed once they saw the other video showing from the beginning. One thing this whole thread proves is that some of the tough guys on here really wouldn’t slap someone upside the head with a 1/2 ounce jig for cutting them off going down a bank like they try to claim.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigFishSteve View Post
    They all have tasers and spray. Those thugs live in hopes of being able to do that to someone someday. I bet they loved it.
    You're a real gem.
    2019 Skeeter ZX250

Check out my YouTube!! Thanks! https://www.youtube.com/user/WIHunter100/videos

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast