Thread: Ear buds

Ear buds

Does anyone shoot and more importantly hunt with either the Walker's game ear earbuds or the Decibullz? Be nice to have something that I can still hear but helps protect my ears when setting in the stand with someone else.

2. Member
    I have been dealing with the same thing recently. Lots of research - and many really like https://goaxil.com/collections/ear-b...BoCxlAQAvD_BwE

3. Member
    I have some by Axil. I like them

4. Member
    I have some Walkers but not sure which model. I like them but I wish they fit a little further in my ear.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    I have some by Axil. I like them
    Those look like they'd fit very good.

I got a pair of Walkers for Christmas. To my disappointment they aren’t rechargeable and use a hearing aid battery. I don’t find them to be overly comfortable on hunts either.
    @kennethandmacy
    2004 Triton 196
    200 Merc
    1199/898

I use an older Axil, not wireless but they do the job. At the gun range a have walkers electric headphones.
    21 Lund 1775 Impact XS 21 Merc 115 Pro XS

8. Member
    I have the walker game ear razor muffs, game changer for me, my biggest regret is having waited 49 years to get them. The damage to my ears is done and there is no reversing it. I am now trying to preserve what I have left. I wear them anytime I am mowing, atv riding, running power tools, shooting, I even wear them in the boat to cut the wind noise and the whine of that 250 pro xs. the razors have bluetooth and it is nice to be able to listen to music while doing some of the projects I do.
    2018 Ram Big Horn Crew With "CUMMINS POWER"
    2016 Bullet 21 XRD 250 PRO XS
    Minn Kota Ultrex
    Lowrance
    Garmin
    Bravo XS Prop
    Bobs Hyd. 14" Plate

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by muddywaters View Post
    I have the walker game ear razor muffs, game changer for me, my biggest regret is having waited 49 years to get them. The damage to my ears is done and there is no reversing it. I am now trying to preserve what I have left. I wear them anytime I am mowing, atv riding, running power tools, shooting, I even wear them in the boat to cut the wind noise and the whine of that 250 pro xs. the razors have bluetooth and it is nice to be able to listen to music while doing some of the projects I do.
    I do all the above also. My right ear isn't to bad. My left ear is. I wish I would have taken better care of my hearing when I was younger.

10. Scraps
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

11. Member
    I tried a pair of the walker ones that use the hearing aid batteries. Unfortunately I have funny-shaped ear canals, and like every other earbud Ive ever used I cant get them to stay in. If you want to try a pair for cheap before investing in a good pair, hit me up, I have the ears (the used ear part cleaned with alcohol plus 2 other sets), original packaging, and a package of 20 batteries that is useless to me. These do NOT have bluetooth. I’ll be slow to respond by PM but if anyone interested they’ll be cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by MacIntosh View Post
    I tried a pair of the walker ones that use the hearing aid batteries. Unfortunately I have funny-shaped ear canals, and like every other earbud Ive ever used I cant get them to stay in. If you want to try a pair for cheap before investing in a good pair, hit me up, I have the ears (the used ear part cleaned with alcohol plus 2 other sets), original packaging, and a package of 20 batteries that is useless to me. These do NOT have bluetooth. I’ll be slow to respond by PM but if anyone interested they’ll be cheap.
    I have these. They suck! No way you can determine which direction the noise comes from.
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

13. Member
    I have Walkers Silencer 2.0. They work well and are rechargeable along with having bluetooth.

14. Member
    I have a pair of custom fit ear buds. I'm glad that I didn't have pay for them!!
    After fighting for too many years, the VA finally allowed my claim and they couldn't find an Audiologist that could help. So they left it up to me! My wife is a Nurse and she does risk management for a health care insurance company. I still wear ear muffs when I shoot. I hope you find some that are comfortable and do what you need.

15. Member
    I'm interested in getting a pair of some type of noise cancelling earbuds for general hearing protection and also for sleeping. There are a couple of loud snorers in my circle of fishing/hunting buddies so I wonder if the Axil would work for that too. For power tools, mowers, etc. I have several pairs of ear muffs. Not sure if I'd replace all of those
    Some people are so judgemental. You can tell just by looking at 'em.--Some random meme

16. Member
    None of the buds and other ear pieces fit my ears well.

I use North Sonic valve earplugs when I need to hear but need some protection.

I can shoot a rile out of a box stand near woods with no ear ringing or effect.