I felt like I was imposing on bassinlloose"s thread so I started a new one. I hope to fish 3-24 thru the 28th and be back home for easter . Recently retired after 51 years and starting to fish my bucket list of lakes...Champlain, Santee Cooper and Okeechobee so far ....Seminole next. Wow has fishing changed from the 80"s ....from rods and reels to lure choices and of course electronics and.... used to I would never ever... fish close to another boat

EufaulaHammer was kind enough to give me an idea of how to run the boat lanes and I understand to stay dead center in the lane when possible and if is is narrow you may want to come off plane and idle or troll over to the side when you meet a boat( with the understanding you may have to wiggle or crank up trolling motor to get off a stump).
I wondered if:
1. Are there any places on the lake without standing timber that are safe to run and one might possibly find a fish?
2. Would it not be safer to trailer to a ramp than run?
3.Is there any chance of a topwater bite that early in the year?
4. Do the stumps damage the hull at idle or if you have to wiggle off them?

It seems the older I get the more cautious I become....fishing used to seem simple with the old 16.5 ft skeeter SS-1 Fisherman with the 70hp inline 3 cylinder johnson...lol...thanks to anyone willing to offer any additional insight