175 HP Mercury Won't stop beeping.

hey how are you? I have got a crazy problem with my current boat.2002 mercury efi.Just had it built and it started the 4 beeps every 2 minutes.Which is oil or water separator.Changed oil sensor and check for water and didn't fix it So then I changed oil tank.Still no help.Then took to mechanic and 0 codes .So I go to noticing you can let it idle forever and no beeps but you put it in gear then you get the four beeps.Also when running on pad if you hit the trim it starts beep cycle over.Sometime when you hit the trim it will give over heat alarm or long beep 3 short and throw it in guardian mode.Can cut it off star back and is fine.I am thinking I have a short butt can't find it or could ECU be going out.Would be great if you have any ideas

Check all ground connections, there are several.
    Test battery and charging system.
    Thank You Leon Pugh

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Moving your post to the 2.5L forum as I suspect that's what you have.

Please take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of that forum, and be sure to provide the Required Info (serial number) when posting. Thanks!

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor