How to Install a Lift Piston on the Battery Compartment Lid

I am trying to figure out how to do this without drilling holes thru the lid. The front deck lids have a spacer/brace underneath the lid that allows for easy attachment but the back lid does not. Maybe someone has a suggestion.
    Last edited by jtrac; 03-15-2024 at 06:13 PM.
    Jim
    2023 Triton 19 TRX Patriot, gunmetal/carbon mist/silver mist, 225 Merc Pro XS, SN 3B265119

They use to sell a kit. But, you had to drill through lid. I added it to a Triton that I had. Once you fluffed the carpet back up you couldn't see the Philips screw heads.

That was back when you could call Marty or Carol at Triton and they knew exactly what to get out to you.

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

3. Member
    I added one and just drilled the lid and caulked. I used a small bolt, it doesn't leak and you can't see it unless you just really look for it.

4. Member
    Thanks. I thought that would be the only way but wanted to see if there were alternatives.
    Jim
    2023 Triton 19 TRX Patriot, gunmetal/carbon mist/silver mist, 225 Merc Pro XS, SN 3B265119

5. Member
    doesn't that lid have a brace in the middle, the length of the hatch????....screw it into there somehow???

Quote Originally Posted by vin059 View Post
    doesn't that lid have a brace in the middle, the length of the hatch????....screw it into there somehow???
    Na. Not on the back lid.

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

7. Member
    You could try & bond an HDPE or delrin block to the underside of the lid…..but if it were my boat I would just use small pan head screws (they are easily hidden by the carpet nap.
    Lightning 6
    2007 TR-196DC