Knee replacement

I will attest that this procedure I had Wednesday is one excruciating pain experience!
    2023 BassCat Sabre FTD
    2023 175 Pro XS

You’re in for a real treat come physical theoropy time.
    '94 Charger Foxfire 180VF '96 Suzuki DT150S BASS

3. Member
    I see a surgeon Monday about my knee. I’m hoping I don’t need a replacement just some repairs.
    John the Garage Doorman

4. Member
    The hardest day is over. You will be really happy if you do the rehab properly.
    GETFISHED !!!

5. Member
    I was told I need a shoulder replacement. Gonna put that off as long as I can

My wife had a partial knee replacement the first of Nov. She is just now getting back to somewhat normal and is still doing physical therapy 2 times a week.

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    Quote Originally Posted by Landar View Post
    I was told I need a shoulder replacement. Gonna put that off as long as I can
    Ouch!!!! I can’t imagine having that after going through two rotator cuff surgeries that sounds like a some major rehab.

8. Member
    I had my right knee replaced on 10-2-2023, I have 4 more therapy visits left, the first 4-5 weeks were a challenge to say the least, pain and no sleep. I had muscle atrophy bad, quad and calve muscle, it is getting better but still having trouble, walking with all these issues has flared up my back, I received 2 shots in my back last week, It's been a real sob to put it mildly. Wish you better luck than I have had but I think over time it will get better, they say 6-12 months for full recovery.

9. Member
    Not a lot of fun. Been there done that! Do your therapy exactly as told and you will be glad you got it done.

I have had both knees done. The first week is the worst. Make sure to get the knee bending each day as far as you can. it’s the key to recovery. It hurts like hell but it has to be done. Make sure to take a laxative or you will be severely constipated and that ls not fun either.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

Had both knees done in 2016, not at the same time. Was back at work in 4 to 5 weeks on both of them. Keep up on your therapy and you'll do fine.
    Heartwood Fence Co.

12. Member
    Both knees replaced, second one I was back to work in two weeks. Fishin in 8 weeks.
    Shoulder reconstruction was the worst pain I’ve had getting repaired. 3-1/2 hour surgery and no tournaments for a year. I cheated and was back before that.
    Do all of your homework to the instructions.

13. Member
    Had my right knee done on March 5th. They gave me exercises to do before surgery. Pain was there but bearable. Now 8 days in and doing rehab along with exercises at home. I was told by my therapist today that I am 5 days beyond where the average person is at this time. The pain goes slowly goes away, as I type this I have 0 discomfort. Do the exercises, they work.

14. Member
    Been there too. Worst pain of my life. Keep at it, pain will gradually go away

Work therapy and work it hard.....good luck with full recovery.
    Dallas Cowboys…..Eventual Super Bowl Champions

16. Member
    Had my knee replaced in 21 and my shoulder replaced this past fall and I'm only 55. Knee was worse then the shoulder, but I had the shoulder done before it got really bad. My knee had been bad for years, but of course insurance wouldn't approve replacement due to my age, even after it was bone on bone for a long time. Still rehabing the shoulder and do my PT exercises at home 2x per day. Bought over the door pulleys, exercise bands, etc
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    2003 Legend 212 Equalizer w/2014 250 Pro XS (SS - 2B111222)