Vexus quwstions/thoughts to be answered....

Thank You for all the answers I searched for over the last several months.....my new Vexus 1980 will see LOZ today for the first time.....I hope I made the right choice!

Again - thanks for the wisdom!

You’ll enjoy it.

I love my 1880 it’s perfect for me and how I fish.

3. Member
    Boat traffic on LOZ isn't enough for a real test yet.

4. Member
    Congrats on the new ride!! I take my Vexus 2080 to LOZ a lot..... the warmer it gets the crazier that lake is!!!! You'll be fine, like any other boat, watch for big waves and big boats!!
    2021 Vexus AVX2080
    Sapphire Blue
    Mercury 200 Pro XS
    Garmin Force
    Garmin ECHOMAP Ultra 126sv (2)
    Garmin LV34
    Ionic 125/100 lithium batteries

5. Member

Results

Quote Originally Posted by OpieFish View Post
    Thank You for all the answers I searched for over the last several months.....my new Vexus 1980 will see LOZ today for the first time.....I hope I made the right choice!

Again - thanks for the wisdom!

True to Form - Everything I've read about the boat was true....handled well in some stout wind today (6 to 10" white caps"). Only fishermen on the lake today so no trawlers to deal with. Boat handled good - great power - very stable - overall was impressed!
    I had read that it gets a little skinny in front when loading and found this to be true but not bad (everything gets tough when it's right to left at 15 mph when loading).
    One of the Garmins didn't work but found that the back jarred loose causing loss of power (easy fix).

Thanks to all for all the Vexus input I've been reading - it was helpful!

From an 18' Richline on Toledo Bend in the early 80s to now.....I've been through Charger, Champion, Hawk, Ranger and Skeeter and now this.....I believe your favorite boat is the one that's behind your truck right now!

One more thing - a fisherman in Oklahoma had to give this boat up due to a cancer diagnosis.....sir - I found your name linked to the Lowarance and I assure you - I'm praying for you every day and I'll continue every time I climb in your boat!

2022 AVX 1980
    150 merc 4-Stroke
    Twin Garmin 93SV
    Lowrance Elite FS9

AH! you bought his boat. So glad he was able to get it sold. You scored a very good deal on that boat. I hope it brings you alot of joy.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

7. Member