Mercury xri 2.5 problem

I have a 1995 200 xri 2.5 i sent it in for a tuneup it was running fine but since i just bought this rig i thought i get it tuned up well after getting tuned up first time on water idles fine but wont get on plane, mind you this boat ran 65mph i was just doing a maintenance tuneup
    Now here funny part took back to shop checked spark you could take off the wire on one side and start intermittent idle but after going to other side you could pull off wire and no change to engine at all this is so frustrating

2. Member
    so which side has no spark 1-3-5 or 2-4-6
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    ???

Just a reminder- If you would, please take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and be sure to provide the Required info (serial number) when posting. Thanks!

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor