VX20 rigging question

Where is everyone mounting the black boxes for live scop?
    Also dose anyone have more info on the Vexus View wiring harness?
    Last edited by CGLENN69; 03-17-2024 at 02:52 PM.

I mounted mine to the rod tubes that stick out under the front from the middle compartment. Did the same in my Ranger before. My boat also has the Vexus View. From what I remember it is 8 gauge wire front to back and a connectionbox/bus bar at the console and front.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by John B. View Post
    I mounted mine to the rod tubes that stick out under the front from the middle compartment. Did the same in my Ranger before. My boat also has the Vexus View. From what I remember it is 8 gauge wire front to back and a connectionbox/bus bar at the console and front.
    The dealer mounted my black box in the starboard compartment and it's fine there, but I think John B's idea is a better option since I tend to keep all of my tackle boxes in the same compartment where the black box is located, and it gets a bit crowded in there. Lastly, the Vexus View system is 8-guage wiring all the way from the battery area to the console and the front deck. I verified this is the case for the new VXs20 model as well so you should have any issues with today's power-hungry fish finders.
    2022 Vexus VX20/Mercury 250 Pro XS | 2021 Vexus AVX 1980/Mercury 150 Pro XS | "Overkill is underrated!" - "Då Som Nu För Alltid"

I think Vexus makes a bracket now that will mount under the front graphs that you can mount the box to as well.

5. Member
    Thank you! I'll have to ask about that option with the new VXs20 sir!
    2022 Vexus VX20/Mercury 250 Pro XS | 2021 Vexus AVX 1980/Mercury 150 Pro XS | "Overkill is underrated!" - "Då Som Nu För Alltid"

Quote Originally Posted by City17Banner View Post
    Thank you! I'll have to ask about that option with the new VXs20 sir!
    So you are gonna go for the VXs? What did they say about the ride compared to a VX? Is the hull basically still the same and the top redone or is it a completely new design?

7. Member
    After crawling all over it and even under it, it looks like it's the same hull with 4" shaved off the gunwales and changes to the Air Wave seating posture so visibility is now much better than in the VX20. With the changes to the top cap, I can finally reach into the battery compartment and turn on/off the main power switch without having to get on the rear deck now. The only downside I saw is that I can't put 36 rods into the port side rod locker anymore, but that's probably a sign that I need to do more JDM fishing tackle rationalization since I truly don't need to run 40+ rods in any bass boat these days.