2 Piece Netwok cable Connectors

I recently ran new network cables for my graphs and FFS. The 2-piece connector(s) that Garmin provides, which allows for easier routing is nice, but I have one that does now screw up tight at the back of the unit, thus leaving a loose connection. Has anyone else experienced the same issue with theirs?

Thx

Quote Originally Posted by z385198 View Post
    I recently ran new network cables for my graphs and FFS. The 2-piece connector(s) that Garmin provides, which allows for easier routing is nice, but I have one that does now screw up tight at the back of the unit, thus leaving a loose connection. Has anyone else experienced the same issue with theirs?

Thx
    I had it happen with one that I had re-used several times. If yours is a new one, I would call Garmin. No doubt they will send you a replacement
    1994 201 Champ re-powered with a 250 HO G2 E250LHAFA 05438419

3. Member
    Will do - Thanks

I had to squeeze mine very hard to get it to fully clicl

5. Member
    Mine clicked too but still will not tighten.

6. Expert at Retired RangrSkipr's Avatar
    I've clipped and unclipped and reused connectors several times over with no problems. They can be finicky. They're also easy to cross thread if you don't start them perfectly straight. You're certain its assembled correctly and you're threading it straight? Try securely seating the cable in the socket and then holding the cable straight before starting to thread the connector. They're not intended to be extremely tight and will slip if you over tighten them. Firmly snug is good