Thread: Senkos

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Senkos

I’ve never been a senko thrower but I was gonna buy a pack for wacky rigging. $9 vs yum dingers for $3.50. I bought the dingers instead. That’s a big price difference for the same bait. I know some will say the senko is superior but I don’t get the big price difference.

They really are easy to make these days. the formula is not that big of a secret anymore. 3/4 cup sinking formula Dead on plastic, 1/4 cup salt then ad 3.2 tbsp softener or worm oil. will get you close as hell.
    Bad spellers of the world untie!

4. Member
    I use Yum (not exclusively), watermelon red, green pumpkin, black blue, and red bug. Green pumpkin mostly.
    2014 Phoenix 721XP, 250 SHO, Bobs Action Jack, Dual Blades, 112 Ultrex, 2019 Lariat FX4 F150 Supercrew 4x4

5. Member
    I know guys will always say there is no difference, but I am convinced there is a difference. I have rigged both Senko's and yum dingers in the same fashion and pool tested them. They fall and wiggle differently. I have gone fishing with partners and purposely used both and the senko catches more fish when field tested at the same time in the same body of water.

That being said, you can find deals/sales; you just have to look. Like Dean C identified, deals are out there. I will add the Natural Shad also catches them like crazy in these CA clear water lakes.

Good luck with your choices.

6. Member
    I’m a fan of the YUM as well, at $3.50 compared to $8.00 even if there is a difference, I’ll just have to catch less fish.

I've got hundreds of Yamamoto senko's in green pumpkin and always will regardless of what they cost. They flat out catch a ton of bass and you guys can throw all the cheap knockoffs you want and catch less bass.

Last edited by River-Bandit; 03-19-2024 at 02:36 AM.

9. Member
    I mostly use the Bass Pro Stik-O at $5.99 for 16 pack and good color choices. They also have certain colors in bulk pack of 30 for $10.99. They work good for me and they have a salt content fairly close to Senko's.

Quote Originally Posted by NEBASS78 View Post
    I mostly use the Bass Pro Stik-O at $5.99 for 16 pack and good color choices. They also have certain colors in bulk pack of 30 for $10.99. They work good for me and they have a salt content fairly close to Senko's.
    Senkos are probably the best there is. But, I also fish the Dingers and Sticko. I've definitely caught more on the BPS Sticko than I have on Dinger.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

11. Member
    It’s like the old Senko commercial states. Hey Mr, how do you work that bait? You don’t, it works for you.

12. Member
    They all catch fish, the Yamamotos just catch 2 - 3 times as many!

I fish Yum dingers and BPS baits but if I'm wacky rigging, without doubt they'll we a senko tied on. They just catch more fish. Also you need to shop around, senko's can be found a lot cheaper than that.
    USMC Vet!

Quote Originally Posted by skeeterator View Post
    I've got hundreds of Yamamoto senko's in green pumpkin and always will regardless of what they cost. They flat out catch a ton of bass and you guys can throw all the cheap knockoffs you want and catch less bass.
    That may have been true at one time but not anymore. Can't even get a color right these days

16. Member
    I bought several packs of the BPS Stik-O last year. I was really surprised at how light and how slowly they sank, it's almost to slow. I found myself adding a little bit of weight with them when Texas rigging them.

17. Member
    Yamamoto's were good for one fish each.
    Plastic was way too soft.

Lol,
    I myself have fished allot of Senkos, these days not so much
    I say they all will catch fish, Yamamotos will catch more. Don't know why, They just do

Quote Originally Posted by plowjock View Post
    Yamamoto's were good for one fish each.
    Plastic was way too soft.

Great info

20. Member
    Senko's don't work for me all the time but when fish are on this bite, I get bit more then other brands. I know this when I try and preserve my senko's or run low when out on the water, switch, and get bit less. for one thing, the Senko seems to me to be heavier then other 5 inch models.

I've fished a lot of the yum product in KY around local ponds and do fine.

I truely get they are all the same and have wanted to believe this on the water at least 10 different days. Never where they exactly the same.
    2024 Phoenix 818
    2024 merc 175 pro xs 3B411947

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast