Alabama Turkey Season 2024

I am GA but hunt some places in NE AL.

The season starts earlier there and opens next Monday after a weekend youth hunt season.

Do the AL hunters support the increase in annual harvest to 4 birds?

We were after the GA DNR for years to make changes to the limit because the wet springs and other unknown factors were adversely affecting hatches, recruitment, and numbers of grown birds. We are down to two toms in GA, no fall season, and the birds have to be tagged before they are moved.

2. Member
    I don't know anything about AL birds but we have too many up here. Season is still 5-6 weeks away and they've been struttin' for 10 days now. Three medium-sized toms have been tending this flock in the back yard. Jakes are staying quiet

It's so easy up here there's no sport to it at all. We're allowed two toms in the spring and 5 of whatever you want in the fall
    Some people are so judgemental. You can tell just by looking at 'em.--Some random meme

3. Member
    The 4 bird limit is a decrease from a 5 bird limit.

4. Member
    The opening day was extremely windy.

I did not hear a bird or see one while I was hunting. I had a hard time hearing my own calling over the wind and creaking trees swaying. I hunted off and on all day and eventually saw a hen and 3 toms late in the day from the road in places I could not hunt them. They had to go out and feed some time but not near me.