Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Here you go-Hank Parker says what needs to be said on FFS!

See 23:30 mark on video.

2. Member
    Froffing the water.Boats are not created equal. Comfort,speed,handling, if he won with it he’d be for it. Big $$$$$$$$$ check better get it.

3. Member
    I think you meant to title this "Hank says what I want to hear about FFS"

I don't get the way people get so overwrought about FFS, like it's DDT in the water killing all the fish or something. Don't like it, don't indulge. I don't like $100,000 bass boats, think that for a recreational weekend angler they are a colossal extravagance. If you aren't a pro or a guide, you don't need one. They churn up the water with the big engines, do untold amounts of erosion damage, cause wakes to blast other boats, yada yada. I can invent all kinds of sound eco friendly reasons they should be banned. It would all be crap of my invention, but I can make stuff up to legitimize my opinion all day long too. In the end though, Guess what? I don't have one. But I could care less what other people buy with their money, it's their choice.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RNKingCx19 View Post
    Froffing the water.Boats are not created equal. Comfort,speed,handling, if he won with it he’d be for it. Big $$$$$$$$$ check better get it.
    You didn't even listen to what he said. Differences in boats, comfort, speed, handling, whatever, have not changed our sport to the extent ffs has. I 100% agree with what hank said.

I like Hank's attitude.

Has an evolving opinion, and planning on hearing and considering more opinions in the future.

6. Member
    I don't think there are many fishermen who are against FFS, I believe they would prefer it to not be allowed in the pro tournaments. Relating this to golf, many years ago there was a driver that was not allowed in pro tournaments because it had an advanced club face that provided a much longer drive. But you could purchase one and play amateur golf with it. I did just that, and I had fun playing the game with that club as an amateur. I can see myself buying FFS and doing the same fishing and having fun. It has no place in pro competition in my opinion, but I think it is a neat tool that I may buy soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Boat4Life View Post
    I don't think there are many fishermen who are against FFS, I believe they would prefer it to not be allowed in the pro tournaments. Relating this to golf, many years ago there was a driver that was not allowed in pro tournaments because it had an advanced club face that provided a much longer drive. But you could purchase one and play amateur golf with it. I did just that, and I had fun playing the game with that club as an amateur. I can see myself buying FFS and doing the same fishing and having fun. It has no place in pro competition in my opinion, but I think it is a neat tool that I may buy soon.
    I agree; It's not so much FFS, it's the tactics that can be used with it that are the issue for tournament fishing.

It would be interesting if there was some software that could be written to make FFS not show fish, and only show cover and structure.

cliff notes I don't need a 30 minute answer

P01135809

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pavi69 View Post
    cliff notes I don't need a 30 minute answer
    I gave you the exact time stamp what else do you want!

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Toni View Post
    I think you meant to title this "Hank says what I want to hear about FFS"

I don't get the way people get so overwrought about FFS, like it's DDT in the water killing all the fish or something. Don't like it, don't indulge. I don't like $100,000 bass boats, think that for a recreational weekend angler they are a colossal extravagance. If you aren't a pro or a guide, you don't need one. They churn up the water with the big engines, do untold amounts of erosion damage, cause wakes to blast other boats, yada yada. I can invent all kinds of sound eco friendly reasons they should be banned. It would all be crap of my invention, but I can make stuff up to legitimize my opinion all day long too. In the end though, Guess what? I don't have one. But I could care less what other people buy with their money, it's their choice.
    Post of the year right there!

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by warhogz24 View Post
    You didn't even listen to what he said. Differences in boats, comfort, speed, handling, whatever, have not changed our sport to the extent ffs has. I 100% agree with what hank said.
    Equal the playing field. Is what he said. Your 19-20 ft is probably a lot more comfortable more speed handles better than most high schooler boats. All daddy’s ain’t got it to spend. I’ve been to several high school tournaments I see the best rigs and the ones with duct tape holding the runners in place. Yes FFS is changing the sport. The local school here is planning a seminar on all electronics. FFS will be taught.

12. Member
    And he says he agrees with Randy, this is really going to make some heads explode, I love it.

The golf and baseball comparisons are some of the most relevant I've heard. If you put my 60 year old self in a boxing ring with a 7 year old, you'd think I could box. Put me in a ring with a young adult that's a trained boxer, I'll need an ambulance. The real question is not about the technology, it's about what make fishing a sport.

Basscat Eyra
    Mercury 250 ProXS

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixie-Raven View Post
    I gave you the exact time stamp what else do you want!

It’s used by guys who don’t really know fishing they look at the screen and throw at a fish.
    He didn’t say this but……BBQ cooking is the same pellet grill everybody can be atop chef set it and leave perfect cook the first day. Barrel charcoal grill you better baby sit it ya learn the hard way. Practice! I agree it’s changing the game.

15. Member
    Hank has certainly earned his opinion, but I find some of the arguments to be bs. The “think of the poor children” expense part is bs to me. In the grand scheme of tournament fishing it really isn’t that expensive. I think if the market demands ffs tournaments, they will pop up and become popular. If nationwide ffs free tournaments became a big draw, I certainly think it’d be worth looking into changing rules. I just don’t have any faith that those that complain the most will actually pony up entry fees.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

16. Member
    When a pro contacts me for my opinion, I’ll start to consider their opinion. To each there own.
    Hang on. I'll help you in 77 minutes.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by warhogz24 View Post

I agree. If they well thought out reasoning Hank expressed can't sink through some folk's thick skulls, they aren't listening to understand- they are only listening long enough to throw out some irrelevant poorly thought out point they heard someone else try to use to state their position.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MadYakker View Post
    I agree. If they well thought out reasoning Hank expressed can't sink through some folk's thick skulls, they aren't listening to understand- they are only listening long enough to throw out some irrelevant poorly thought out point they heard someone else try to use to state their position.
    Post of the year!!!

The great thing about the FFS debate among fishermen, is that, everybody, on both sides of the fence, is correct in some way, shape, or form.

Quote Originally Posted by MadYakker View Post
    “Ethical behavior is doing the right thing when no one else is watching—even when doing the wrong thing is legal.” —Unknown

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast