Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    BTW, the guy in the video in the closed thread completely failed to address the "fair chase" aspect of what Hank said when he made the analogy to golf and baseball restricting equipment.
    I find Hank’s analogy somewhat flawed because the games he uses for comparison are games of rules and parameters to begin with. Everything about golf and baseball is defined by written rules. Everything. Not true of fishing.

Also, the field is entirely created and controlled by humans. Not true of fishing either.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bparanoid View Post
    My question was clearly in reference to your "To use that overstatement to describe research results demonstrates an oversized ego and narcissism" comment. So I take it this was your opinion and not the result of a clinical assessment. Question, do those real Universities that teach real sciences have a real fishing course? You know the ones that ban FFS? Asking for a friend.
    Simple narcissism and an overinflated ego are personality traits anyone can typically see- not "disorders" per se (unless very serious). As such, they are seen and judged by simple observation and a clinical assessment doesn't apply. Believe me, research graduate student's personality, work ethic and honesty are put under a microscope during their training- much more than in the corporate world where there can be all kinds of things overlooked.
    Last edited by MadYakker; 03-25-2024 at 03:24 PM.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MadYakker View Post
    Narcissism and an overinflated ego are personality traits anyone can typically see- not "disorders" per se. As such, they are seen and judged by simple observation and a clinical assessment doesn't apply. Believe me, research graduate student's personality, work ethic and honesty are put under a microscope during their training- much more than in the corporate world where there can be all kinds of things overlooked.
    So once again your opinion. I would say you have the traits of a Cerebral Narcissist... my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    I keep hearing about the damage it's causing to bass and to the fisheries but there is never any factual data given. Just opinions.

The impact to a fish is no different when caught with or without FFS.
    That is true, there is no data out there to support the theory that FFS usage hurts bass populations.

Only hope for the anti-FFS crowd is if bass get conditioned to FFS and run when the beam hits them.

Quote Originally Posted by 188Musky View Post
    I find Hank’s analogy somewhat flawed because the games he uses for comparison are games of rules and parameters to begin with. Everything about golf and baseball is defined by written rules. Everything. Not true of fishing.

Also, the field is entirely created and controlled by humans. Not true of fishing either.
    In the spirit of discussion, I think fishing has tons of rules. We give out an actual rule sheet at the beginning of every trail I’ve ever fished. Or are you speaking of just going fishing? We also have rules about what kind of live bait you can use in many states. Some don’t allow the use of game fish as bait. I think even recreational fishing has many “rules”. Even more so on the competitive side.

Not saying I’m just dying to have more rules lol, but fishing has lots of them

i do agree the addition of a third party via the fish makes it much different than many other sports as well

I think 4 days is long enough for everyone to have given their opinion.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516