Thread: What Reels

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    The drag on the tatula's is very good also. Very smooth drag.

2. Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davidsa View Post
    sorry for the loss. My data is dated but

every bottom bouncing rig I love is a shimano metanium reel on a Loomis NRX rod or Kistler zbone

every top water or crankin reel I love is an Abu Premier over different generations.

Every diawa I owned is gone; even when I supertuned them. Excpetion is two old spinning reels that keep delivering the business.
    I've always been a Shimano guy, the damn things just seem to last forever. When one gives you a problem it is surprising. I grabbed a Tatula TWS trying to improve my "skipping" and it was really impressive how that helped. Great casting and an easy to control reel. BUT after grabbing a couple of them I realized they just don't hold up. In very cold weather the anti reverse doesn't work, the handle attachment gets wore or something and starts binding. They seem to only have a few seasons in them before they are toast. My Shimano's get replaced out of desire for something new and you can sell the older models because they keep working. The Tatulas go into the landfill sadly.

I have used Tatula reels for several years. All I do is oil them acouple of times a year. My experience has been that they are very reliable. I use the heck out of them and use them in all types of weather..... I have NEVER had one break or act up in any way. They have worked flawlessly
    I could not ask for anything more. They have been great. I started with one and now have 7 or 8 Tatulas. For the money, they are hard to beat.....and I don't baby them either. I have never had a problem with any of them.
    ----------------------------
    The bitterness of poor quality is remembered
    long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten - Benjamin Franklin

2013 RANGER RT188 - YAMAHA F115 - ULTREX - LOWRANCE GRAPHS
    LOCK-N-HAUL Transom Saver, ALL ABOARD Emergency Ladder
    1996 RANGER CHEROKEE - 40 YAMAHA

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rock View Post
    Guys thanks
    Yes someone got me at the boat ramp.
    Unreal how bad this world has become.
    ...more like knuckleheads in YOUR area.