Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tfall View Post
    What are the better ways?
    Get the license number and go to the home where the car is. Bet you would feel different if that chase had killed one of your family members. If a violent crime had been committed that is a different story. But because they were on their phones? Gezzzzz

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Justfishing View Post
    Dickwad filming. Help out or go home
    You are being too nice to the dick head

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigFishSteve View Post
    The cop sure cussed a lot. Lots of Fs
    That's the words the hood rats understand

4. Member
    The bad thing we have a portion of THUGS in this country that think this stuff is cool. They think they get street cred with their homies. The problem you see more and more of this everyday is because their is no repercussions or punishment. They are not responsible to pay for any of the damages to any vehicles or properties. They go to jail for a very short time and hang out with their family members and homies who act like they just won a super bowl when they walk into the jail cell. Then or liberal idiots in charge want to give them free stuff when they get out. How can these people survive day to day without working?? Answer is 2 things. Be a criminal and live off the government and they know this works. They have figured this out years ago. I got to witness all this first hand for several years of my life.
    2005 21XD W/ 2005 MERC 250XS BULLET TOTAL PERFORMANCE BOAT!!

5. Member
    Texting while driving, drinking while driving, fleeing, resisting arrest, and some still question the actions of the Police. I would have at least drained the battery in my taser, fried his sorry ass till he looked like a day-old pork chop at the Golden Corral. The mentality shows while he is in the back seat, still on the damn phone. But some are right, with our pussy Judges he was probably out the next morning if he was even held at all.

6. Member
    Wish the cop would have had a K9 and turned him loose! It’s amazing how fast they will comply.

7. Member
    I don't understand why,of the cops knew the guy in the back seat had his phone, they should have taken it away from him and he can get his one call from the jail! The whole thing was a mess. I've seen far too many of these videos and I think the cops in Arkansas must be giving trophies to the best pit maneuvers!

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigFishSteve View Post
    The cop sure cussed a lot. Lots of Fs
    Should the cop used their proper pronouns to address them?
    2023 Triton 18TRX
    2023 Mercury 200 Pro XS
    80# Ultrex IPilot Link
    Helix 12 Mega SI & Garmin Livescope w/ 1242XSV GPSmap

9. Member

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Justfishing View Post
    Dickwad filming. Help out or go home
    Nope, nope, and double nope would I help the cop unless they were getting the worst of it. There are a ton of videos out there where the cops don't want a civilian getting involved either because they don't know for sure if they can be trusted, they may get in the way more than they help, and there's liability if things go wrong. But more importantly, you are at high risk when back-up arrives and they don't know who the good guys are and who is bad.

There was a case just recently where the store employee helped a cop subdue a shoplifting suspect but backup arrived on the scene of a struggle involving a cop and two people and not knowing who the suspect was. They beat the crap out of the employee (and I believe they zapped him for resisting).

Also a mixed bag on the filming. I do think that he was too close to the action here but in many cases the video is more useful than dashcam/bodycam in prosecuting the suspect so LEO's want the video.
    Some people are so judgemental. You can tell just by looking at 'em.--Some random meme

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yatesville88fan View Post
    Get the license number and go to the home where the car is. Bet you would feel different if that chase had killed one of your family members. If a violent crime had been committed that is a different story. But because they were on their phones? Gezzzzz
    Take a deep breath and calm down.

Getting the License would be great if the car wasn’t stolen or did not have a fake drive out tag. The majority of the cars (idiots) nowadays that run know they have a chance to get away because the car is stolen or has fake drive out tags. The idiots know that they have a good chance of getting away so that’s why they do it. Until the laws start cracking down on the offenders then it will only get worse.

So do you have any other solutions besides getting the License plate number?

12. Member
    Take a deep breath and calm down.

Getting the License would be great if the car wasn’t stolen or did not have a fake drive out tag. The majority of the cars (idiots) nowadays that run know they have a chance to get away because the car is stolen or has fake drive out tags. The idiots know that they have a good chance of getting away so that’s why they do it. Until the laws start cracking down on the offenders then it will only get worse.

So do you have any other solutions besides getting the License plate number?
    As I understand the stop was for cell phone use. Not a stolen vehicle. They put a lot of lives in danger with that chase. Plain and simple.

13. Member
    As I understand the stop was for cell phone use. Not a stolen vehicle. They put a lot of lives in danger with that chase. Plain and simple.
    So then it’s OK if we don’t enforce the law of not to use cell phones while driving? What if that driver had killed someone in your family while being distracted while texting on their cell phone? Or is it that you can pull them over but if they refuse to pull over you just let them go? Most likely they are running because again…the car is stolen, or a multitude of other offenses….Drugs, guns, felons, warrants, etc. Where do we draw the line on letting folks break laws? More are going to run if they know they won’t be chased. It’s only going to get worse.

14. Member
    So then it’s OK if we don’t enforce the law of not to use cell phones while driving? What if that driver had killed someone in your family while being distracted while texting on their cell phone? Or is it that you can pull them over but if they refuse to pull over you just let them go? Most likely they are running because again…the car is stolen, or a multitude of other offenses….Drugs, guns, felons, warrants, etc. Where do we draw the line on letting folks break laws? More are going to run if they know they won’t be chased. It’s only going to get worse.
    You bring up a good point but to answer your question it is probably a matter of dealing with the spirit of the law rather than the letter of the law. In either scenario an innocent bystander getting caught up in the situation is bad but statistically which course has a higher probability of harming one?

15. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

16. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    if you're gonna play the what if game,, what if that cop had killed someone in your family while high speed chasing over a cell phone violation?

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lakefolk View Post
    if you're gonna play the what if game,, what if that cop had killed someone in your family while high speed chasing over a cell phone violation?
    The what if game was played already and I responded.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixie-Raven View Post
    You bring up a good point but to answer your question it is probably a matter of dealing with the spirit of the law rather than the letter of the law. In either scenario an innocent bystander getting caught up in the situation is bad but statistically which course has a higher probability of harming one?
    This. The police should have known

if the car was stolen as soon as he called in the tags. Putting innocent lives in danger for a non violent crime is just Stupid.

19. Member
    It still goes back to NO RESPECT for authority. Did you not see him resist after he was on
    the ground. It took forever them to even get out of the car and I’m sure they had something
    that they shouldn’t have had. It blows me away that they put the Criminal in the back seat
    without searching him throughly. What if that phone had been a small pistol and he shot
    a cop who came to check on him. I would have fried his ass with a taser for sure.

Do we know for a fact that their "crime" was being on the phone.....I would really doubt it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast