Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Livescope images - Fun with 360/Livescope

So, new M360 and LVS-34 installs on my boat, was out playing around with them today...

Ran across the below images in one of the creeks I frequent... I thought, man that looks a lot like a truck.

So I started searching with Livescope, and it really, really looks like a truck to me...

This is directly across the creek (about 100yards wide) from an old restaurant that had closed down a few years ago that had a dock and ramp, but there's nothing else around for a few miles. I mulled it over and decided to call the Sheriff's dept. I mean, I hate to waste thier time, but it really, really looksl like a truck. And with the old ramp there, it was kinda in the perfect position if someone pushed it in there.

Anyway, 3 of them came out, they said someone had reported it about a week ago, and thier dive team dove on it and said it was old dock sections/parts. I mean, ok... maybe. I showed them the M360 pic (as I hadn't figured out to to get to the LVS picture yet), and they all said yeah it looks like a truck, they would have called it in to. And that's just the HB pic.

When I figured out how to get the picture off the Garmin, they were a bit taken aback as well. Deputy had me text him both pics and he was going back to thier dive team to see what they said. I mentioned there IS some dock sections also down there as well (you can see some of them in the HB image), they've been there for some time... but this has not, at least my knowledge. My guess is when they came out last week, they dove, saw the dock sections but never saw the truck maybe? Not sure.

Anyway, like I said, I hated wasting thier time, but all I could think of is someone wondering about a missing person or something like that so called it in. They were happy to come out though, and were really nice and good about it. Might have been a slow day, 3 dpeuties came out, all in separate vehicles :).

2. Member
    Those are some clear pics. Pretty cool. I have heard of guys that are proficient with their Livescope and side scan helping dive teams.

3. Member
    Great images - I wonder if Jimmy Hoffa is in that truck!

Just got a text from the deputy, appears the dive team is going back out and look at it again... he said he'd let me know what they find. I gave them the exact GPS coordinates so they know exactly where to look this time.

5. Member
    Really good images and looks like a truck, what Garmin Head unit are you running ?

6. Member
    If that isn't a truck, I would lose huge money in a bet.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ttranger View Post
    Great images - I wonder if Jimmy Hoffa is in that truck!
    Maybe because I see someone knelling in a brush pile behind the truck pointing at the wrecked.

8. Member
    That is so cool!

Looks like a truck to me.

10. Member
    WOW You got that dialed in rather quickly! It won’t be long till your catchn some BIGNS!

Pretty cool. Just like the one Scott Martin found. Different ones had found some that actually solved missing person cases.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

12. Member
    What are they hiding?
    If professionals who's careers depend on catching fish use FFS then that's what I'm using. Might be too simple of a philosophy but makes sense to me.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sooner magic View Post
    Maybe because I see someone knelling in a brush pile behind the truck pointing at the wrecked.

14. Member
    Cool pictures. Thanks. Hope no one is in that truck.

Quote Originally Posted by dr14 View Post
    Really good images and looks like a truck, what Garmin Head unit are you running ?
    126SV, the one that's currently on sale, not the newer Ultra 2 version. And tbh, the onscreen image is clearer than the screenshot - not sure if b/c of internet or imgur sizing it down or what, but it really stood out even more on the unit screen.

16. Banned
    Wow those are some clear pics... definitely a truck.

17. Member
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

18. Member
    That aint no dock.
    You may be careful. If they tell you again its a dock. May better leave well enough alone. They may be trying to tell you something without saying it.

19. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Astyle954 View Post
    That aint no dock.
    You may be careful. If they tell you again its a dock. May better leave well enough alone. They may be trying to tell you something without saying it.
    Good point.

Sure looks like a truck to me. Keep us informed if they get back with you.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast