Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Best Terminal Tackle Box?

This is something that has driven me nuts for years. My hooks, snaps, swivels, etc. all getting mixed up. I'm curious what is your favorite terminal tackle box? I'm sure everyone has to have something that has worked for them or doesn't work. My buddy put me on this Plano that costs a little more, but man did it save me a headache last year of trying to find stuff when I needed it quickly. https://amzn.to/4cy3umI

I did a little review on how I have mine set up and how it compared to what I use to use if you want to see a closer look at it. Thought someone else on here might be going through the same frustration with regular plastic tray boxes.
    https://rumble.com/v4le643-plano-ter...66lt3&mc=9e0fe

2. Member
    I switched to all Milwaukee pack out for tackle storage. Its worth it. I have a boat with ALOT of storage, I find it easier and quicker to access with this system.

3. Member
    I use a waterproof Plano deep box. Then I use small plastic zip bags to hold the terminal tackle and label each bag accordingly.

everything stays in place I never question the weight or brand of anything as each bag is labeled. Extra rust protection if it is raining the individual bags keep things dry when opening the box.
    Nitro z21

Quote Originally Posted by jasonG View Post
    I use a waterproof Plano deep box. Then I use small plastic zip bags to hold the terminal tackle and label each bag accordingly.

everything stays in place I never question the weight or brand of anything as each bag is labeled. Extra rust protection if it is raining the individual bags keep things dry when opening the box.
    You can't go wrong with the bag idea. Saves lots of space in the boat.

I have the Bass Mafia Terminal Tackle box and really like it. Very sturdy with tons of compartments.

6. Member
    Check out the one from Buzbe. I fished a BFL, recently, with a guy who had one. He swore by it. Apparently, everything stays in its place. A bit pricey, but what isn't.

7. Member
    I have the smaller version of this one but probably switching over to this one for this year

https://www.amazon.com/Flambeau-Outd...cx_mr_hp_atf_m
    Nitro Z18
    175hp ProXS

8. Member
    Plano box for me. Dump it out and reorganize every season

Quote Originally Posted by ranger461vsinga View Post
    Check out the one from Buzbe. I fished a BFL, recently, with a guy who had one. He swore by it. Apparently, everything stays in its place. A bit pricey, but what isn't.
    Never heard of that one. I'll have to look that up and see if it's similar to the one I ended up getting.

10. Member
    Been happy with the standard Plano Edge

11. Member
    I have had the Bass Mafia box for several years and really like it. Especially the weight holders. However I dont think they make it anymore. My second choice would be the Plano Edge terminal box.

I've had a Falcon box for years.

I still use a shallow 3700
    The smaller items that would move around are in small bags
    It's simple and works for me in the boat or Bag if I'm fishing with a friend

14. Member
    Buzbe. There's no comparison IMO.

I use a bunch of Gamakatsu 3200 boxes. I separate them by technique or specific bait. So all of my texas rig hooks and weights in one, 1/2 oz jigs in another, 3/8 oz jackhammers in another...all of the staples. This way I can be more efficient with grabbing what I need on a specific day. I used to toss a mixture of everything in a 3700 box, but this is much easier and more organized.

16. Member
    Buzbe is pretty slick. Its kind of pricey, but worth it.

17. Member
    I superglue rare earth magnets in a 3700 box to keep hooks in their compartments and so i don't dump them all out. 200 magnets are 10 bucks on Amazon.

18. Member
    2007 Bass Cat Puma
    2007 Mercury Pro XS 250

19. Member
    I like using the small waterproof containers from Harbor Freight. This works for me for true terminal tackle. All other soft plastics I leave in their packages and store in large clear plastic zippered bags. Cranks and top waters go into 3700 boxes.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscatlildave View Post
    I've had a Falcon box for years.
    x2. Mine are old and beat up but they have been great for my terminal gear. In fact, I use two - one for spinning/finesse stuff and one for heavier stuff typically thrown with baitcasting gear. I call them my 'smallmouth box' and 'largemouth box' The only negative is they are not waterproof but rain gets inside any box once it's opened.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast