Thread: Boat Dancing

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Don’t forget all the super low squatting when you have one on. Can’t catch them without the deep squatting

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rider99XX View Post
    When a wasp gets after me I boat dance like a bitch.
    Or when 6hrs into the day that 3ft long snake, that was cool under the drivers seat all day,
    warms up enough to come slithering out to see what's up while your idling through a
    no wake zone.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hulapopr View Post
    Or when 6hrs into the day that 3ft long snake, that was cool under the drivers seat all day,
    warms up enough to come slithering out to see what's up while your idling through a
    no wake zone.
    I'll take the snake any day over one of those 3 inch long pissed off red wasps or 300 yellow jackets trying to make me get in the water lol
    Hi Mike.

I just fish. Whatever reaction I have if any when I hook one is always gonna be authentic. I don't run from front to back but I have had some big fish make me look like I'm having a seizure when trying to land them when fishing solo.
    I'm usually pretty reserved all in all. Same when I lose a fish. I'm an even keeled person. I try not to have a lot of ups and downs in general.
    Now I do catch some fish that make my hands shake after landing them and relying. I hope I never lose those moments.

5. Member
    Wife says I gotta get my steps in.

6. Member
    If you ever want to live dangerously, go to the great lakes and try to land jerkbait smallmouth without a net. We do it for fun sometimes and it makes us amateurs look like fools.

I've also tried to big mitt them like Bobby Lane used to in MLF, but I almost always wimp out or end up finned and sore the next day. Just one clean swing into the boat and then snatch them out of the air. Harder than it looks.

7. Member
    I will (if by myself) go to the seat for a big one. But never do i hit the back deck or walk it around the boat.

8. Member
    I watched one of those 3-man team competitions last weekend. One of the guys, I can't remember who, made a complete circumnavigation of the boat to land a 3lb bass... We were left asking what the point of that was.

9. Member
    In all seriousness, I have only Ike'd one fish. It was a pissed off smallmouth in a solo tournament. I didn't lead it around the boat, it led me around the boat. That was big fish that tournament.

10. Member
    I have seen them walk past the console on the gunnel of the boat, don't know how they do that without falling in. Don't see that much anymore since they have large graphs in the way.

Why do you worry about how someone else lands a fish?

12. Member
    The 2nd Tournament I ever fished was as a co-angler I got a 5lber fairly early and was starting to get excited so I did a little tap dance on the back of the boat. 3 more fish and another 5lber later and I was in full blown river dance mode. To this day that boater still wont talk to me lol.
    Last edited by Gsmith223; 03-26-2024 at 08:05 AM.

You quickly discover moves you never knew you had
    You surely do!

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassnpro1 View Post
    If you ever want to live dangerously, go to the great lakes and try to land jerkbait smallmouth without a net. We do it for fun sometimes and it makes us amateurs look like fools.

I've also tried to big mitt them like Bobby Lane used to in MLF, but I almost always wimp out or end up finned and sore the next day. Just one clean swing into the boat and then snatch them out of the air. Harder than it looks.
    Every now and again if I'm a good smallie bite I'll decide to leave the net put up and try to land them by hand. Pissed off smallies on light line are tough, makes landing largemouth a cakewalk.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassnpro1 View Post

Isn’t that the truth! A pissed off smallie with a face full of treble hooks is not fun

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerFan View Post
    Doesn't everybody?
    The only one I can think of Mark Davis he just stays up front and calmly bring in his fish

Not going to lie, I did this for a big walleye I hooked earlier this year,. Left the net at home and was wondering how the heck I was goign to get it in the boat.
    2017 Legend SS 1860 Semi-V
    2013 Evinrude Etec 150/105 jet drive
    Minn kota Ultrex Quest Trolling Motor
    Humminbird Helix 9 Chirp Mega SI GPS G2N (console)
    Garmin Echomap Ultra 106sv with LVS32 transducer (bow)
    YouTube: youtube.com/Etec86

When a wasp gets after me I boat dance like a bitch.
    Was night fishing with a buddy when a bat got after him for some reason. That dude was running around the boat and squealing like a little girl. I was laughing so hard I had to lay down on the front deck.
    Aaron Campbell
    Barling, AR
    2007 Bass Cat Sabre
    2011 Merc 175 Pro XS

19. Member
    Nah, the only time I yell is when I reach over the gunnel to grab a nice one only to get a violent head shake followed by a treble hook beyond the barb into the meat of my hand! Then you'll hear some noise!!...and a lot of words I shouldn't type on here

2012 Stratos 189 VLO/150 Mercury Pro XS/MinnKota Terrova

20. Member
    Only time I go to the back of the boat to land a BIG is if it’s on a jerkbait and I’m fishing Solo.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast