Seat Pedestal ??

I had a seat pedestal go bad on my butt seat, it went down and won't go back up. Is there a fix for this, or throw it in the trash?
    Where have you gotten a new one from, it's not the pin type, it has the little hook on the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by Coke View Post
    I had a seat pedestal go bad on my butt seat, it went down and won't go back up. Is there a fix for this, or throw it in the trash?
    Where have you gotten a new one from, it's not the pin type, it has the little hook on the bottom.
    If you have an area Phoenix Rep. Give them call.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

3. BBC SPONSOR
    I had one go out last years after 9 years. I bought a new Springfield one.

Since I only use the pole in the extended position, to lean against when fishing, I decided to try something. I cut a piece of 1 1/4" PVC pipe to a length of 6 1/2", to fit between the seat bottom and the bottom section of the pedestal, then cut the piece in half lengthwise. I painted the PVC silver, and attached both halves around the top section with hose clamps. The seat is at the extended height, is secure and steady, so we'll see how it works.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Coke View Post
    Yes! You can replace the gas cylinder for about $ 30.00