Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    I like Tabasco and it’s at 50,000…since the scale goes to 15,000 000, that makes me a wuss.

ME TOO

I'll eat one of these red peppers that come in Kung Pao Shrimp, but they give me the hiccups.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

My favorite is jalapeño then Serrano. I like a cayenne and Thai peppers. I can even do a scotch bonnet some what comfortably like in a Jerk chicken. But that’s it comfortably. I’ve ate Reapers and Scorpions in challenges along with pure capsicum. I’m done doing all that craziness. I could actually just stay with Jalapeños and be happy. They have the best flavor IMO.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

4. Member
    Pepperoni.

I picked a red jalapeño last fall the I grown was the hottest I have ate so far.

6. Member
    Jalapenos, serranos, chili petins, and habeneros but I am very careful when I eat them, usually cut little pieces and eat them that way.

7. Member
    Green or red pepper, lol.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    For me it's probably gonna be in the 75,000-100,000 Scoville range. Thai chili is in that range.i can eat that level without any issue.

I like pepper to accentuate the flavor of food and not be the only flavor.

https://scovillescale.org/chili-pepper-scoville-scale/
    And you always seem to eat them before tourney’s. Poor Hotels! Lol

9. Member
    In some ways it depends on the pepper. I have had Carolina Reaper, a slice of it straight, and in chili and it was damn hot but also had a fruitiness to it that kind of made it enjoyable, especially in the chili. I have had habaneros which are way lower than the reaper and felt terrible but they also tastle like crap too. Pepper X is a no for me. To old and not dumb enough to try something that is like a million scovilles hotter than Carolina Reaper.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranchhand02 View Post
    I used to work with a guy that could eat the hottest stuff know to man. He would get a jar of ghost pepper salsa and add Carolina reaper sauce to it to give it a good flavor he would say. He would sit and eat half the jar with chips like it was nothing. I also seen him eat 4 of the one chip challenge chips in one sitting and never break a sweat.
    There are people who do not have like, the nerves or whatever in their mouths and noses and throats that respond to whatever causes heat in peppers the rest of us can taste and react to. I watched some hot pepper eating contest documentary, 3 of the final four are sweating like they're in a sauna as they go hotter and hotter and this one dude is just sitting there eating the hottest peppers on the planet like potato chips, finishing off his plate and reaching for theirs.

It really is a physical thing

Quote Originally Posted by Ranchhand02 View Post
    I used to work with a guy that could eat the hottest stuff know to man. He would get a jar of ghost pepper salsa and add Carolina reaper sauce to it to give it a good flavor he would say. He would sit and eat half the jar with chips like it was nothing. I also seen him eat 4 of the one chip challenge chips in one sitting and never break a sweat.
    Damn that dude's rectal must be plasma fused like a SHO. I ate maybe 1/10th of that chip in a coffin and it had me hurting for a good hour. Props to anyone that can put down 1... 4 is legend status.

12. Member
    Depends on what you mean by "eat". Chomping on a habanero plain is different than a couple chopped up in salsa.

I guess straight up a Jalapeno. And even then it can vary greatly depending on I'm not sure. Some are just hotter than others.

I love pickled jalapenos. Anything hotter and I just don't enjoy it.

I never paid any attention to the Scoville units or what particular peppers fall on the "HOT" continuum. I like eating a variety of things that are just hot enough that I need to clear my throat. Anything more than that is just punishment. I think to some guys see it as a challenge, equivalent to a pee pee measuring contest.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

15. Member
    Popeye's Chicken....whatever Scoville level that is...

16. Member
    I can’t tolerate as much as I used to. Jalapeños and habaneros are as hot as I can go, and even that is not comfortable at times. Spice heat irritates my vagus nerve, and I get wildly powerful hiccups.
    __________________________________________________ _______________
    "If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
    -David Daye

17. Member
    For enjoyment, I like habaneros or Italian long hots.

Long hots are like playing Russian roulette, one may not be hot at all while the next seems hotter than a habanero. But they have great flavor.

hottest hot sauce I’ve enjoyed was Last Dab Apollo. Tastes great but anything more than a few drops would ruin a bowl of chili. It’s the only hot sauce I’ve had where the older it got, the hotter it got. Usually stuff loses heat over time
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

18. Member
    About it anymore

19. Member
    Can’t take the heat of eating peppers will have some jalapeño in small doses. I do like some heat in my pepper sauces, Texas Pete’s, Louisiana Tobacco is about as hot as it goes.
    John the Garage Doorman

20. Member
    I'm not sure what pepper because I don't intentionally eat a pepper to see if I can eat it I like my peppers in the food I'm eating. I have found the older I get the hotter/spicier I like my food but like others stated I do not like "stupid" hot where you can't enjoy eating something.
    Bass Boat