Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 250bassFL View Post
    Our has had one for years.
    same
    "heard it in a love song.........can't be wrong"

2. Member
    I haven't noticed cameras at our local Walmart (Lake Wylie SC), but then again I seldom go there and when I do I'm not looking for cameras. However I went there recently with my son to get a can of spray paint for one of his school projects, and the entire section of spray paint was behind glass/lock and key. with a buzzer saying "Ring for service". When assistance arrived I asked what was up with the spray paint being locked up. I was told that a group of teens came into the store at some point, grabbed numerous cans and ran through the store painting everything as they ran, and then ran out of the store. But not before causing $26K worth of damage.

3. Member
    All they have is junk anyway.

4. Member
    Friend of mine works part time is sporting goods section at Walmart. Said theft is a problem in the fishing section, much of it is stuff like emptying two bags of worms into a third, then paying for one, or switching baits in boxes. Sadly, all they do is raise prices to cover theft.

5. Member
    I never noticed if they have cameras or not in Wal Mart here.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

Not only do they have cameras, but a TV to show you the recording, and there's one annoying chime each time it goes off.
    Been fishin' since I was 5 years old...Thanks Grandpa!

7. Member
    All they have is junk anyway.
    Ours has plenty and actually, a good fisherman could win a tournament on nothing but tackle from Walmart. Ours has s as good base.
    Hang on. I'll help you in 77 minutes.

8. Member
    Is there any kind of store, gas station etc. that do not have cameras?

Yes, tackle theft is way higher than one would think. Plus the people who are often pocketing baits would surprise you.

Some of our Wal Mart stores are stocked exceptionally well. Especially ones near good lakes. Our local store has a LOT of good stuff from popular brands. Some have Lucky Craft and Roboworm.

11. Member
    Sadly, it is a reality in most stores.....I worked in "Loss Prevention"/"Shrink" for a bit....many people do not have a moral compass....and that includes employees, the general public and organized crime....cameras and locks are not there for honest/ethical people....as you have seen some companies are closing locations....they do not want to do that, yet they cannot continue when there is such a lack of moral and ethical clarity from the people living in those locations.....yet sometimes it can be people from "out of town".....multiple gas stations in my area have gone to "pre-pay only" due to so many drive offs (mostly out of town/people passing by)

12. Member
    My local Walmart had that annoying chime thing and tv screen but I actually can’t remember it still being there last couple times I’ve gone down that isle.. I think they took it out.. they did a remodel a couple months ago, and I don’t think it’s been there since then.. or maybe I just got used to it and haven’t noticed.. there isn’t anything good fishing-wise at that Walmart anyway… same ole standard stock items you see at most any other..

Every walmart I’ve been in for several years has multiple cameras. They are gridded all across the ceiling.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

14. Member
    Ours has that in the pharmacy section for some reason....maybe the row where the razors are?

15. #FRB
    The camera lens breaks when it sees me...
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

16. Member
    They have tackle boxes and tackle bags that could easily be stuffed with other items. People go through the self checkout, ring out the just the box or bag, and walk out the door. Even with the older gentlemen checking receipts they do not open stuff like the boxes, probably because the lawyers tell them no to so people get away with it. Put the cameras there and have trained loss prevention staff that can actually engage and delay a thief until cops arrive and it can help at least a little bit.

They have them at the self checkout, have not noticed one in the fishing aisle.

Ours have them in several areas.

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    In the late ‘70’s I worked in the sporting goods/canera section at the Target store in Ames, IA. Yep, Target sold guns, ammo and fishing gear back in the day. The most stolen items in the store were camera film and fishing tackle. Rule #1 was to always open the tackle box being purchased because tackle would magically find its way inside.

Ours does not. I'm guessing it will soon. Sad to say, but Wallyworld is my best tackle option, no good shops in the area and I'm located right in the middle of the three best lakes in Indiana.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast